cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch determination in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while picking finished goods in delivery, system is showing all batches containing those are already issued to other costumers.

we have maintained FIFO for this but client is finding difficulty in searching batches because it is showing all batches for that material.

suggest solution..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi adict,

requriment is not clear

please elobarate

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

We are maintaining external batch numbers for finished products. While selecting batch in delivery, in search option it system should suggest the exact batch in FIFO basis and the batch which contains stock. But here it is showing empty batches also(means those which are already consumed for delivery).

The FIFO logic is working fine but old (empty) batches should not be displayed.....this is my point..

if you want further more details, please revert back...

give me suggestions with configuration, because i am new to SD and QM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can implement the BADI: VB_BD_SELECTION and the method: PRESELECT_BATCHES, within this you can code to check the stock for the batch using MCHA and VBBE tables. If the stock already used, then you can delete the entry from the internal table: et_mcha_key. You can do more condition selection of batches in this BADI, explore this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Srini,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can control this using VCH1/VCH2 batch selection strategy records itself.

In batch search strategy, for example, maintain remaining shelf life => 30 days. If you maintain like this, the system will pick the batches, whose batch life is more than 30days. This is a standard field (Z_LOBM_RLZ), which you can add in batch search strategy class using CL04.

Regards