cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releasing demand plan from DP into custom categories in SNP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to release the demand plan from DP into SNP custom categories Z1 thru Z4. The key figures that I mapped to these custom categories are created in a non-standard planning area (copied from 9ASNP02).

I am able to release the demand plan using category FA only. Can anyone help me in releasing demand plan into these custom categories in SNP.

Thanks,

Shiv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiv

I did a F1 help on target category field in tcode /n/sapapo/mc90 and this is what i found

For the release of the demand plan to Supply Network Planning, you can specify a category that tells the system which category of orders to release to. An entry in this field is optional, but if you do enter a category it must be a category that represents sales orders or forecasts, such as FA or FB.

You can also release to categories you have created yourself. This allows you to distinguish, for example, between different forecast priorities.

The system proceeds as follows:

1. Has a category been entered in the release profile? If yes, this category is used.

2. If no, has a category been set in the definition of the requirements strategy in Customizing? (You define the product's strategy in the Proposed strategy field on the Demand tab of the product master record.) If yes, this category is used.

3. If no, category FA (forecasts) is used.

So as the F1 help says in the release transaction /n/sapapo/mc90 did you try giving the custom categories ? Also i have one more idea - after the forecast gets released to category FA , copy it to a key figure that is assigned custom cateogries Z1 to Z4.

But just want to understand something . Why do you want to release it to a custom cateory instead of FA ? How are you going to handle the consumption of forecasts by sales orders if you release it to custom category. I think releasing it to a custom category will make your process more complicated since you are altering the standard SAP functionality.

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Thanks for the reply.

I did a F1-help on the release transaction before release the demand plan. I am specifying the category Z1 on the release transaction /SAPAPO/MC90. After the executing the transaction, I checked the results log as well and the job ran successfully without giving any errors. But still I am not able to see the data in the key figure that was mapped to this category in SNP.

Within the /SAPAPO/MC90 transaction, I tried the extended release, which gives you the option of specifying the key figure in DP from which you want release and the key figure in SNP which receives the demand plan. But while chosing SNP key figures, it picks up key figures in standard planning area 9ASNP02. It does not give me the option of changing this planning area.

Reason for using custom categories: -

The total forecast, say F, is aggregated from forecast elements, say A; B; C; D. So, F= A+ BCD. I will be releasing the forecast the total forecast, F, into standard category FA. But the super-user also wants to have the visibilty of the individual forecast elements A, B, C, D in the planning book. That is why I am using custom categories for each of these individual forecast elements. Is there any better way of doing this??

Regards,

Yash

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv

Thats wierd . So are you saying that inspite of giving custom category Z1 in the release job , the forecast is getting released to FA category in SNP ? Check /n/sapapo/rrp3 and confirm that first. Because there may be a lot of reasons for the forecast not showing up against correct key figure in planning book. First wipe out the forecasts in SNP using /n/sapapo/md74 , then execute the release. I checked this in my system with category FD and it did release the forecast to category FD instead of FA. Remember wiping out the FA's before releasing the Z category forecast makes a big difference.

The next thing is about your requirement . You say the super users need visibility to the different forecast components in the SNP planning book. I dont understand why they cant go to the DP planning book directly and view the different components - but i guess there must be some strong reason behind that.

For your requirement the other idea i can suggest is to pull the forecast components from DP to a info cube and generate a BEx query or some thing based on that cube . The users will be able to view the different components that way . Saying this because with this method you wont alter the standard SAP behaviour of releasing forecast to FA and hence you wont be altering the way consumption of forecast happens.

Thanks

Aparna

Edited by: Aparna.Ranganathan on Feb 11, 2011 11:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

I am not saying that the forecast I release with Z1 is going into FA.

All I am saying is I am able to release forecast with category FA but when I release using category Z1, it does not go into the custom key figure that I created.

I checked RRP3, I see that the orders were created in order live cache with custom categories, but I don't see the data in the planning books. So, I guess even though the orders are getting created with custom categories, they are not being mapped to the custom key figures in SNP planning book. I mapped the key figures to my planning area with the following options: -

Key figures semantic - 000

Category - Z1

I did not mention any key figure fucntion while assigning my custom key figures to the planning area.

What could the reason be for key figures not being mapped to order ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved..

I was mapping the key figures to category earlier, Now I created a category group for each category and I am able to see the data in KF..

Thanks,

Shiv.

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiv

Good to know your problem is solved. Yes you have to assign the appropriate category to the keyfigure in /n/sapapo/msdp_admin. One more thing it is not necessary to create category groups for each category. You can directly assign the categories to the key figures in /n/sapapo/msdp_admin and it should be enough for the values to show up in corresponding key figures.

That said here is a piece of additional info. Lets say you want to display values corresponding to multiple categories using the same key figure - that is for example you want to display Z1 and Z2 using the same key figure KF1 , then you can create a category group say ZCAT and assign Z1 and Z2 categories to ZCAT and map ZCAT to KF1 using /n/sapapo/msdp_admin and that will make sure both Z1 and Z2 show up againt KF1 .

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yash,

Can you please share the solution, we have exactly the same requirement.

- Releasing the forecast to custom key figure in SNP ( having Custom ATP Category). While we can see the orders in Live Cache, however we dont see in the custom key figure.

Thanks,

Tejinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tejinder,

I solved this issue by Creating a custom category group (say ZG1) and mapping the custom category to the category group ZG1 in SPRO. And in SDPADMIN, I assigned the category group to the key figure instead of the category. This solved the issue.

Can you try the same and let me know how it goes.

Answers (0)