cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use User Options and User-Defined Fields in DC Group function?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

As title, when should I use above fields? I did not see the related information in SAPME help library.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I have just checked the use case and the User Options are for storage information only and are not used in the product nor are they visible anywhere in the product except Data Collection Maintenance. I am checking on the User-defined field feature within the product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

It's the same as my testing, just I don't know the exactly use cases for those functions.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user options fields are just information fields you can store at the Data Collection Maintenance activity. You can think of these as extra information fields for storage purposes only. I can't give you a use case except to say 'information fields' only.

With regards to the User-Defined fields in DC Group - you can think of these as extra data fields to be collected. They will appear immediately underneath the data parameter they are defined in in the DC Plug-in for the POD. They do not have limits but are just extra pieces of data you may want to collect about the specific parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see. Thanks a lot!

Answers (0)