Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma Invoice for STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

We all know that...

a) if the customer is not on SAP, we use a SO to sell.

b) if the customer is on SAP, we use a NB STO to sell (intercompany).

In scenario 'a'... I can create a Proforma Invoice before I create the outbound delivery.

In scenario 'b'... how do I create a Proforma Invoice before I create the outbound delivery??

This is necessary in case of export where the customer (intercompany) needs the proforma invoice in order to apply for a import license.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Anisha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anisha,

for this you can do a copy control for order related billling where you can link order to the proforma invoice.

revert if helpful

thanks

Mohit Singh

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read OSS Note 445763 - Pro forma invoice for intercompany billing and Note 833115 - Proforma invoice for order-related intercompany billing.

The first note suits your requirements.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 445763 does not solve my problem. The solution explained still requires that an outbound delivery exists.

In my first message I said that we have a need to create the Proforma Invoice before the Outboubd Delivery is created.

The reason is... when the STO is created, we have no stock. Therefore we cannot create the outbound delivery... however the Proforma Invoice needs to be sent to the customer immediately immediately after the STO is created.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you don't have any copy rule from PO to invoice (I don't know it). I suggest two possible solutions:

1. Create the invoice with a BAPI (eg: BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATEMULTIPLE) but in my opinion is an expensive solution, not only in development, in customizing too, you need create a type of proforma invoice without precedent documents, etc...

2. Create a message output for PO (STO) with the appearance of a proforma. In my opinion is the simplest solution if you need only to built a document to send to the customer - plant. Of course, check the legal requirements before.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo