cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Java import-System copy NW 7.0 SR2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am doing a system copy with export/import method using sapinst.

It is a ditributed environment (CI and DB on separate hosts) with ABAP+JAVA stack.

I exported DB and CI on the source system separately.

While exporting DB instance I got following directories created :

ABAP

- DATA

-DB

While exporting CI instance I got following directories created:

ABAP

-DATA

-DB

JAVA

-APPS

-SDM

-DB

Now I am importing the same export for building target db instance build and its stuck asking me for the "migration export" with label SAP:MIGJDMP:700::😘

However I have not got created any directory (JDMP directory) with this label.

I used option add.soft.lifecycle tasks->system copy->oracle->source system->distributed system->based on AS ABAP and AS JAVA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thnx,

Nishit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Provide that path of your DB export.

BTW whats the LABEL.ASC of your DB export????

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I provided the path of the db export.

As said earlier, DB exported only created ABAP folder and with the lable : SAP:MIG::EXPORT(1/::*.

So the ABAP import phase is successfully completed and at the step 'Java database import' it is again asking for the migration export with lable : SAP:JDMPMIG:.....

Anyone has encountered this error...

Regards,

Nishit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishit,

The ideal structure for the Java export should have all the below directories/files:

APPS

DB

JDMP

SDM

TOOLS

LABEL* files

So it could be that the export itself is incomplete. The JDMP directory is what SPAInst must be looking for. Could you please check the export logs if the export of java was completed successfully.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikishan,

Yes that was the question. Even if export was getting completed successfully It was not considering the java schema of database and was exporting only ABAP.

Finally we were able to workaround something.

To export DB in our distributed environment, we had to start sapinst on CI host using parameter SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<hostname of DB host>.

and this is the only way by which sapinst recognised java schema and exported java database related contents as well in addition to the ABAP database. It is weird to me. but it was the only way we were able to move forward.

May be this will be helpful to someone in future.

Thanks,

Nishit.

Edited by: NishitSAP on Feb 14, 2011 7:30 PM