cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy SAP_ roles

former_member97292
Participant
0 Kudos

I am absolutely green to SAP and Solution Manager. I copied a SAP_ role to a different name, so as to be in the customer namespace. I now cannot find the original SAP_ role. Is it still there? Has it been renamed? Deleted? I was in PFCG.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perry,

Jared is correct in that copying a role should not remove it.

I believe the correct role you are referencing is the composite role SAP_SMWORK_ADMINISTRATOR_COMP (note the 'SM' in front of 'WORK').

Role names will always be converted to upper case. So, if you tried to copy SAP_SMWORK_ADMINISTRATOR_COMP to sap_SMWORK_ADMINISTRATOR_COMP, the system would not allow this and produce a message that the role already exists.

Hope this help. Please award points if helpful.

Regards,

Joe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member97292
Participant
0 Kudos

I think that SAP_WORK_ADMINISTRATOR_COMP has been changed to sap_WORK_ADMINISTRATOR_COMP, where SAP_ is now lower case sap_. When entering a value in a box, SAP automatically changes the case to upper. How can I change this back?

Thank you.

JaredS
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Using PFCG -> Copy is fine for copying a role and should not remove the original role.

SAP_WORK_ADMINISTRATOR_COMP -> Is this a standard role? I cannot find it in the documents or on my solman system.

Is this the correct spelling of the role?

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Perry,

The role nobody can find is actually SAP_SMWORK_ADMINISTRATOR_COMP.

It is a standard role, and it is still in your system....you just need to spell it correctly

Regards,

Paul

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Perry,

One more thing, the role will always be converted to uppercase, but you can refer to it in any case upper, lower, mixed, so this should not be a concern.

Regards,

Paul