cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Characteristic maintenance on Retail Article Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm looking for ways to restrict maintenance access for specific article characteristics for certain user groups within Article Create and Article Change(MM41,MM42). I have defined characteristics (CT04) and assigned them to Merchandise Category Levels which in turn makes them available to maintain at the article level. I need to restrict who can edit specific characteristics - for example User A can maintain characteristics X and Y, but not Z, and User B can maintain Y and Z, but not X.

I've found various authorization objects using characteristics and classification (C_TCLS_BER and C_TCLS_MNT), but these don't appear to work for this. Another variation is that SAP Retail stores the characteristic assignments using class 026 which is an internal class. When looking at the C_TCLS_MNT authorization object and defining Organization Levels which I could then assign to the characteristic/class level, class 026 is not an allowed value to define Organization Levels.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Corey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211904
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Corey, I am looking at something similar.

I see in transaction CT04 that you can define an authorization group per characteristic, and the help tells you that this is linked to authorization object C_CABN_GRP.

Therefore you should be able to maintain entries in table TBRG (via maintenance view V_TBRG in SM31) for auth object C_CABN_GRP.

Then you can, with auth object C_CABN_GRP, restrict users' access to certain characteristics via the authorization group value.

former_member211904
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, it seems as if this is only relevant to the actual maintenance of the characteristics, not the values during assignment.

As an alternative, I tried implementing a source code enhancement at various places to try override the value of CABN-ATINP and set the fields to read-only, but SAP have written their code in such a way that there is always a CHECK statement which exists the relevant unit of code before getting to the enhancement, rendering this impossible.