cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP e-mail notifications + submit and approve requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I configured the workflows in CUP and now im trying to configure the email notifications . The CAD's that I've set are:

1. Request Petitioner

2. Internal Control

3. Security

and the approver determinator for each stage are:

1. Petitioner

2. Internal Control

3. Security

So, I need to know two thinks:

1. Could the person who submits a request, send it and approve with a single mouse click? given that the same person must submit a request and then approve it, would it be possible to perform both actions at once?

2. I would like to set e-mail notifications to the appropiate role owner, it 's possible? The problem is that we don´t set the role owners like approvers determinator.

Thanks in advance

Marta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

In answer to question #1: You could possibly achieve this by changing your workflow but I do not think you want to do so. You would have to guarantee that submission was always done by those that approve the first stage in you workflow.

Question #2: I am not sure I understand what you would like to do. From what you state, I am assuming the Role approvers are stored in the Role file (CUP >> Configuration Tab >> Roles >> Search Roles/Create Roles) and not in a CAD. Are you looking to personalize the email for each role approver so he/she knows exactly which of his/her roles are in the request to approve from the email notification?

Renee

Edited by: Renee Schmoker on Feb 11, 2011 4:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

You could set an esclation setting to moven on to next stage, but you can not have a submit and apporve on the samle click.

For the role owner, you need to define a new role woner initiator along with a suitable CAD, stage and a path for them to be able to approve the request. You cant have just email notification to role owners without them being approvers.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

thanks for your answer.

Now, I set an escalation in Petitioner stage like "Forward to next stage" and for stage I gave approver determinator as "Request". So, when it escalate to next stage, the big issue is request doesn´t get the next approver (in this case, Internal Control)

Actually, CUP doesn´t ignores the expected approval at this Petitioner stage and doesn´t proceeds to the next stage in the path

I don´t understand the reason because the escalation doesn´t works

thanks in advance

Marta

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the request wait time you have set up, I guess the minimum is one hour. Setup an Esclation email to see if the request does get esclated.

Regards,

Chinmaya