cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk - SAP_SUPPDESK_PROCESS not allow to edit messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

i configured the solution manager service desk scenario. When i assign a processor to a message the processor can not edit the message even i assigned to the solman user of the processor the role SAP_SUPPDESK_PROCESS. I run on SolMan SP24.

The only way the processor can edit the message is when i assign SAP_ALL -> so it seems to be defenitly an authorization problem with that role. I already checked note: : 834534 and modified role SAP_SUPPDESK_PROCESS as described in the excel sheet but without further success.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Karsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

Have you had the processor execute TCODE SU53 to determine if any authoirzations are missing?

Regards,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

i understand that the role SAP_SUPPDESK_PROCESS would be necessary to edit a message, but in my case it does not work. In su53 there seems to be no problems. The last authorization check for that user was successful.

I have the impression that the error i receive: You are not allowed to process the message. has nothing to do with the role but with a configuration problem.

The only thing i changed (beside actions for email generation and so on) is that i copied the action profile: SLFN0001_Advanced to Z_SLFN0001_ADVANCED for transaction type: SLFN. Is it possible that here a change has to be done?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Karsten

Edited by: Karsten Blankenstein on Feb 11, 2011 10:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

as you said when you assigned SAP_ALL you were able to process is it?

I hope u have auth problem only. Please assign the role SAP_SUPPDESK_ADMIN and try.

and please check this too [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/0a/f12c41ab78f66fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/0a/f12c41ab78f66fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

also with admin role: SAP_SUPPDESK_ADMIN i can not edit the message.

Any further ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Karsten

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Perhaps this has been done, but shouldn't take it for granted.

You copied the standard SAP role into the usernamespace

So SAP_SUPPDESK_PROCESS to say Z_SAP_SUPPDESK_PROCESS

And then you ran a user comparison in PFCG, correct?

Standard SAP Roles are for reference and copies should be used.

And if you do not do a user comparision in PFCG, then the role is not usuable yet.

Perhpas this is the reason the standard roles don't seem to work?

It's the first thing that comes to my mind, when a known standard role does not work, typically the user comparison step was missed. If you goto PFCG and enter the role and display, the user tab should have the green light, not yellow or red.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Karsten, i have the same problem.

In SAP GUI the User is OK an there it is possible to change the Status or answer on the Message.

But on the webdynpro i receive the Message "You are not allowed to process the message".

Did you solve the Problem?

How?

If not, is there anyone else with a Solution ?

Thx in advance.

Kim

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Karsten,

The role just to display and not edit support messages is SAP_SUPPDESK_DISPLAY.

The role SAP_SUPPDESK_PROCESS authorizes the user to process messages, and that would include changing.

You can find this information in the SAP Security Guide for Solution Manager.

Regards,

Paul