cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 freely programmed search help: communication problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developping two freely programmed search help for the same screen.

The first oen runs prefectly but the second dumps beacuse he can't read the value of the nodes from the main screen.

I tried to do as the first search help ( creating my nodes, adding my nodes from the serach help controller to the main screen controller, definnig them as interface nodes ...) but it still don't work.

I debugged thing : he recognizes the path but the binding action donc work.

Do you have an idea about this?

Can you give a solution how to permit to my serach help to read data from the main screen?

I tried to compare my two search helps and i didn't foun any thing suspect.

thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

data problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i debugged the program.

I have a methode that initialzes my nodes.

the first one is for the first search help and the second is for the scond one.

context_node = wd_context->get_child_node( name = wd_this->wdctx_user_profile_node ). context_node->bind_table( tl_habili ). context_node = wd_context->get_child_node( name = wd_this->wdctx_user_profile_node_SR ). context_node->bind_table( tl_habili ).

the program dumps when it tries to get the second node

it seems wierd because i created the 2 search helps in the same way.

I tried to debug further: the prgram know that my node is from my serach help and gets the correct path but i dumps after that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i checked further it is the "bind_table" action that triggers the dump : Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> i checked further it is the "bind_table" action that triggers the dump : Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible

Hi ,

I see you are binding one table to the two context node. i am not sure if this is a problem. What you can try is to copy the lt_table to the other table and bind that to the second node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry to say this but it is too difficult to understand what your problem is and the way you describe is more confusing.

1. do you have 2 programmed search help based on two different component? or

do you have a 2 programmed search help based on one component ?.

2.What the dump says ? please post the exact message details using st22.

I tried to do as the first search help ( creating my nodes, adding my nodes from the serach help controller to the main screen controller, definnig them as interface nodes ...) but it still don't work.

where does this error occur ? in the search help component after you select a row ? or

you have problem in the calling screen (handling the select event ) method ?