cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer creation through Web service portal in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement where we have to Create/ Change Customers (Tcode XD01/ XD02) in ECC through Web service portal linked with RFCu2019s.

1. There is standard FM for this SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL, But SAP standard functionality/ notes recommend not to use this FM for such requirements.

2. Since we have periodic configuration changes for Customers, The option for using BDCu2019s is also ruled out.

3. Since we have to do the error handling and reporting back to web service portal end as well, Using IDocu2019s also looks tricky at this moment.

Please suggest ways to accomplish this. Any input is welcomed.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check class CMD_EI_API ...method MAINTAIN_BAPI

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL is used in standard during the maintenance of a consumer using the standard customer master data transaction XD01 & XD02.

It is not intended to be used out of the transaction and in no case it should be used out of its original context. Due to the specificity of the function module, out of the original context we may face limitations and data inconsistencies.

This is precisely what you will face in your case.

For the maintenance of customers, there is NO BAPI and NO direct function module.

There are some functions modules like the one above where the name is looking nice. But these should not be used.

• Below ECC 2005 (6.00), the only solution was batch input and DEBMAS idocs. See [note 384462|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/384462]

• Starting with ECC 2005 (6.00) and above: a synchronisation tool has been introduce. See class CMD_EI_API and VMD_EI_API

Hope this helps

BR

Alain

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maninder,

There is no standard Fm or Bapi Or Idoc is available to create customer master in SAP. Better you can write your own code in BDC copy that in Bapi. This i did a long back. Here you can easily catch the return messages also. This is my suggestion. If you find any other method please advice me also i will also use.

Regards,

Madhu.

Edited by: madhurao123 on Feb 14, 2011 5:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

We are a bit suspicious about using this FM as some related OSS notes doesn't recommend a go ahead due to some data inconsistency in long run. About BDC, yes we have several Business scenarios as well as account groups and if in future we need to make changes, it will be again a big workaround for us.

The API CMD_EI_API seems a better option this time, but we are not sure about long run as we have requirement of Customer creation/ deletion/ change/ extension along with customer read and search help options.

Hence we are looking for some reliable approach. Please contribute with you inputs.

Regards,

Maninder

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you change anything about an account group configuration, any development method will have to change. I really don't know what you're looking for - there's no magic bullet here. Use any of the approaches given.

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You've already shot down most of the basic methods, so what were you looking for? As for SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL, no it's not released, but it's a good function and works well. As for your BDC comments, surely you don't change existing account groups often?