cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently we have central SLD configured in solman system. Our EP development system is connected to the backend system using JCo via SLD in solman. Under this circumstances if we shutdown the solman system in order to upgrade it (hardware migration and EHP 1 upgradation) our EP development system and production system stops working as connection to SLD is lost. So we have only one solution :

Create local SLD in EP dev and PRD and point EP servers to their local SLD. We did this activity in EP dev and local SLD in EP dev is working fine. Now I have following questions,

1) after changeing the SLD information in SLD data supplier in J2ee admin tool all the JCO information in EP is lost. we have almost 25 JCo s in EP dev. The error has been identified. This local SLD does not contains all CIM data as it was in solman's SLD. So how do I export SLD data from Solman to local SLD created in EP dev?

2) Is there any way to change SLD while keeping all Jco data intact in side EP system?

Any help would be highly appreciable.

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

fyi, I moved the thread from the nwdi forum

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi S.S. Konar,

I believe this should belong to a different forum, but the following note crosses my mind:

#899144 - WD JCo destinations are not copied during system copy

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/899144)

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My first issue is resolved. I was able to export data for all technical system and landscape as well. But currently my biggest concern is that information for all JCo connection, those were working before moving SLD, are lost. So in "content administration -> webdynpro -> maintain JCo connection" all JCo are in the initial stage, ie, Test, Ping, Edit, Remove buttons are disabled. So only option is to create all the JCo once again. Is there any way we could change SLD without tampering JCo connections? I have an idea my my mind...probably we could retain the Jco data while moving SLD if we follow the below mentioned order..

1) Target SLD should not be in running mode.

2) create necessary user for SLD administration

3) Import all technical data and SLD data from old SLD to New SLD.

4) Run new SLD

5) Configure SLD bridge

6) Change SLD data supplier in J2ee Admin and point it to new SLD

This way we may ensure that our New SLD contains all the technical information, as was in old SLD, before changing the SLD information in SLD data supplier. Could somebody verify the same?