cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Message in Adapter Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to set the Status of a message to Canceled from within an Adapter Module. Is this possible?

The problem I have is with a Mail receiver sending messages with blank attachments. I want the adapter module to check if the attachment is empty, then set the status of the message to cancelled.

If this isn't possible is there a way of cancelling the message at an earlier stage? I know the File adapter has an option to not create empty files but the mail adapter doesn't.

Thanks,

Gareth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth O´Brien,

I understand your requirement as, when mail attachment is empty, it should not be sent to mail recepients.

As far as I know, there is not standard way to do it. You can develop a Java Mapping or Adapter module and raise an error if attachemnt is empty (we cannot set message to canceled state), mail will not be sent with empty attachment.

Java Mapping is easy to develop and maintian than Adapter Module. Java Mapping API Link1

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for you response. I have written an adapter module to cancel the message when the attachment is empty but this sets the status to Waiting. This will have to do me if its not possible to cancel the message any other way.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dont think this is possible within a module

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> dont think this is possible within a module