Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Dates not updated from confirmed activities below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Require your help on this.

I have a Project Definition where we have Multiple WBS (upto level 2) and we are using single network.

Activities are distributed in various WBS levels (Lowest WBS).

For example I have WBS where there are three activities, and two activities have status CNF, and one activity has status PCNF (Partially confirmed)

When I re-schedule the project the Early start date of the Partially confirmed activity is getting transferred.

Ideally the Early start / Actual start of the CNF activity should be transferred to the WBS level.

Due to this when I "determine actual dates" @ WBS level, it gets over written after scheduling.

For WBS I Re-schedule using Top Down ; Forward in time ; WBS determines dates

For Network I Re-schedule using Strict bottom up ; Backward in Time ; Network Determines Dates

I have ticked Adjust Basic dates & Start in PAst 999 ; but still the Actual start dates of confirmed activities are not transferred.

Please help me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During top down scheduling & with option WBSE determines dates, I think the system is behaving correct by taking the Earliest start dates of activities.

Try one of the bottom up scenarios for WBSE also & check.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying the strict bottom up scenario, but still the WBS show early start date of unconfirmed or partially confirmed activity, in the Basic date column.

I am unable to understand the reason.

Regards,

MAK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the "Shift order " flag in specify parameters for Network scheduling.

The Flag Defines that for partially confirmed operations the actual dates already existing are not taken into account during a new scheduling run.

pls let me know if this helped you

Best regardsm,

Anjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the network scheduling, by check marking on the "shift order" flag, but there is no change in the result.

But If I uncheck the "Adjust Basic Dates", then I get the required result, but I am not sure whether it is the correct way. Please give your views on this.

Also I need to check the results & CNE5 report, in case of delayed confirmation (normal duration is 5 days & Actual duration based on confirmation is 10 days),. I think in this case I may need to adjust the basic dates also while rescheduling.

Regards,

MAK