cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP related queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In Demand Planning, can we use the same data view for different users? Is it possible to keep certain rows input-able for some users and other cant in the same view?

Can we use the same macro for different planning books in the same planning area? we would like to define all the DP macros in a book and use the same for other plng books.. i would like to run the macros only in this view and i should be able to see the results in other books..how is it possible?

Finally, what is a lag report ? could you please explain me the concept of the same..

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

A Lag report in Forecasting is a type of Error Report (aka Accuarcy) that posts the forecasts at various snapshots in time and compares them to actual history for a given "Lag n" - where n is the month of history vs forecast (using month as a standard period of comparison for discusstion).

A forecast is captured typically at the end of the month and BEFORE a new forecast is generated with new history on updates Sales/Demand History.

The Forecast is actually a Lead - but when it becomes historical we call it a "Lag" ie n months ago - hence the term "Lag Report"

Here the Lag 0 forecast generated on 1/1/2010 is 100 units ie the forecast at the start of January for January

the Lag 1 forecast generated on 1/1/2010 is 200 unite ie the forecast at the start of January for February

The report shows the history and

Lag 0 1 2 3 4

Jan Feb Mar Apr May

Fcst on 1/1/2010 100 200 300 400 500

Actual History 120 250 275 500 600

Difference -20 -50 25 -100 -100

-

Lag 0 1 2 3 4

Feb Mar Apr May June

Fcst on 2/1/2010 275 350 450 550 700

Actual History 250 275 500 600 750

Difference 25 25 -50 - 50 - 50

-

You may consolidate the units and dates and measures (ie difference between forecast and actuals) in many ways, which may alos be expressed over history (percent error for a month or over three months summed).

Your particular needs for reporting are dependent on your particular industry. Typically "Lag 2" may be operationally a target for many manufarturing industries - but reporting on "Lag 0" may be just as important.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for 1 question, to keep rows input for some users others cant, this is not possible but this can be acived by creating 2 planning books with same keyfigues and use these 2 PB one for edit mode and assign this PB who are going to change the values, and second one keep in non edit mode and assign to the users who are not allowed to change.

2A) you cannot use same macro for different planning books, but your requirement can be fulfilled by, you can define all macros in one planning book and run the macro in the same PB and view the results in defferent planning books and use them for edit etc.in the same way we are also using.

Hope this will give clarity for your query

If you require further more details, please revert back

Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding your first question: I don't know and in ally my projects I have created a separate data view or planning book for different user groups. Regarding your second question the answer is no. You define marcro for a planning book or data view and not for a whole planning area. If you define marcros at planning book level, you can use them in all data views of this planning book. You can also copy macros accross planning books and data views

Regards

Aban