cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Japanese language texts in an adobe interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to implement Japanese text in Adobe form ?

Also i want to know whether graph / chart functionality can be acheived in Adobe Form.

I am using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.2 along with Webdynpro Java and Netweaver Version 7.0.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Swami

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swami,

You just need to set a font that's able to render the different Japanese Letters/Signs correctly.

And you need the Japanese AND Chinese font pack installed to the Adobe reader on each client, to be able to render the characters.

I recommend using font "Myriad pro". this is quite similar to Arial for Latin characters and is albe to render Kanji and Hiragani letters which are both part of the Japanese writing.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DasOmen ,

Adobe reader 8 which is installed on both clients are having ' Myriad pro ' font. I have also changed the browser language to Japanese as a primary language. But still browser is not showing japanese text with Adobe form. The form is showing nothing at the place's i have made text font to Myriad pro.

Do i need to follow any other step?

Thanks in advance,

Swami

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swami,

I think you will have to install the Japanese Language Support Package to get this done. After installing goto

Edit -> Form Properties -> Defaults -> Locale and set the default form locale as Japanese.

Graph is possible with Adobe flex. I don't think it is possible in Adobe forms.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanoosh,

Thanks for suggesting.

I have followed the steps suggested by you. Unfortunately its not showing japanese language text on adobe form.

Do you have any other idea?

Regards,

Swami