cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version I shall use ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the past I have created an Access Database to support our customers with automatically created long term declerations of origin. The database must be updated (sales history) manually with businesswarehouse reports. Also if a new customer was setup in our system it must be added manually to the access database.

I want to leave the company but there is nobodyelse in the office who can support the database (no ms-acces knowledge). To solve this problem and to give the office the LTOD-Creater in a version which must not be updated anylonger I want to develope an application with vb6 which will gett access to the company his SAP R/3 system, read the customer master data (addresse and sales history) and create the LTD's. The company I'm working for can't give me any SAP-Test solutions so I'm looking for a SAP-Developing area which can be installed (locally) on my private Laptop to start with developing the new LTOD-Creator.

But now the problem... there are so much free downloads here and I don't know which one I can use to develope the Application in combination with vb6.

On my private Laptop Microsoft 7 Premium (32bit) is running (of course licensed) and visual studio 6, Microsoft Office 2000 professional edition. In our company Micropsoft XP still is running but in the past there weren't any problems with applications created on my Windows Vista (64bit) or now on my Windows 7 Premium (32bit). So I think I won't get any problems in compability.

To avoid any problems with download the wrong SAP-Version, Install and re-install it I would be happy if anybody could give me a hint which SAP-NetWeaver or something else I should you prefered (and where I can find this solution).

Thanks a lot to all for your help.

Best Regards

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should download this one [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/80db43c2-9ee5-2d10-de8e-8547de363868] which is NetWeaver Sneak Preview 7.02 but you must install it on Windows XP, so you might get a VMWare box or use Windows 7 compatibility mode (Which is finally a Virtual PC).

Greetings,

Blag.

thomas_brutigam2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Somehow i wonder ...

in my company we are running SAP in Vista (ok shame on company) but we will upgrade to 7 next year).

So which version is win7 Compatible ?

Greetings

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually...none....

In your company you're able to log into SAP because the SAPGui is compatible with almost anything...but when talking about R/3, NetWeaver or the Sneak Preview...that's another story...

While the server hosting SAP keeps on 32 bits, you're not going to have any problems by using 64 bits SAPGui clients -;)

Greetings,

Blag.

thomas_brutigam2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ahhh . i see

Thanks ...

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem -;)

Greetings,