cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Multiple different IDocs without BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario in where I have a input structure and have to create multiple different IDocs (the types of the IDocs are also different)

For example,

Input XML will create 5 IDocs of type A, 3 IDocs of type B, 1 IDocs of type C, no IDocs for type D and 10 IDocs for type E.

Is this possible without BPM? This will be a complex Mapping. In BPM I am sure for every type to create one send step would be easy. But would it be more efficient?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the below link, it might be useful to you. It will explain you how to do your scenario without BPM.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/FiletoMultipleIDOCSplittingwithoutBPM

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your example there is just one IDoc type. I need a scenario where I will use multiple types.

So my Message Mapping will have more then one IDoc on the right side.

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use the multi-mapping concept. Please check the below blog.

Use different Idoc types in the target message for your requirement.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

This looks promising, i'll try it.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> This looks promising, i'll try it.

something from the blog might be useful for you:

Messages that result from the split in a mapping-based message split are sent using one AE. So only adapters running on 
the AE are supported. In particular, this means that target IDOC message splits are not supported since the IDOC adapter is not 
part of the AE. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> Is this possible without BPM? This will be a complex Mapping.

You need to use BPM for your requirement. You need to create idocs for different IDOC types on the target side. You cannot achieve this without using BPM. As Abhisek pointed out, the exact splitting of messages are occuring in the AE engine of that above blog. AE does not handle Idoc adapter.