Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max condition value - exceeds while creating a SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement which we are trying to meet up by a solution:-

Requirement:-

A fund value (e.g. 1,00,000) is to be allocated on a particular spend which is offered to customers (e.g. discounts)

So as and when the discounts are offered on the customer orders (SO) the funds value should get depleted

this process goes on and the discounts are offered to the customers, but the total discounts offered till date has reached (98,000), hence when a new order where the discount offered is lets say (5000) it should not allow user to offer it, since it should not go beyond the total fund value i.e. (1,00,000)

Solution:-

Setup:-

A condition type for discount ZCDS is created with "condition update" flag marked

In the condition records of the above condition --> Additional sales data --> Max condition value we will put the total allowed fund of 1,00,000

Transactions:-

Mutliple SO's are created with ZCDS discounts condition types ((1) 30,000 2) 30,000 3) 30,000)

Now in the cumulative values of the ZCDS condition record shows 90,000 for the above 3 orders

Now a new SO is being created with ZCDS valuee of 30,000... IT SHOULD NOT ALLOW TO POPULATE THE ZCDS - CONDITION VALUE OF 30,000 IN THE SO, SINCE IT WILL EXCEED THE TOTAL FUND AMOUNT OF 1,00,000 WHICH IS ALREADY ASSIGNED IN THE "MAX CONDITION VALUE"

ISSUE:-

I am able to create a 4th SO with 30,000 in ZCDS condition type which is updating the "cumulative values" (1,20,000) in the ZCDS condition records as well

QUESTION:-

Can the above scenario met through the solution we have proposed ?

Will the max condition value of 100000 not restrict the condition value in the SO since it is exceeding it ?

Please suggest in case i may have to configure setup additional in it

Appreciate quick replies!

Jimit Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jimit,

I dont have SAP access right now so cannot look into the issue. But whatever you have mentioned is pretty standard & there is no reason why it should not work.

The reason I chose to reply to you, is that I really appreciate the manner in which you have drafted your question, providing all possible information that is very clear & easy to understand.

Also appreciate the fact that you have done necessary trials & testing from your side & then posted a new thread here.

A request to all forum members to have a look at question above & in future kindly draft your questions like this one.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jignesh, for your prompt response

May be that is one of the reasons why i drafted in with utmost details, as it is very basic thing which should have worked but unfortunately has not, hence requested everyone to point down some baisc important config/setup which i might have missed out due to which it isnt considering the "max cumulative value" as threshold limit for further addition of condition value to cumulative values in condition records, while SO processing

Jimit Shah

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This maximum condition value i have tested some time back

But my results were quiet different

In your example for the 4 th order , when i tested system was taking only 10000 ( the balance of the max condition value)

If we create another order say 5 th order, then for that condition type ZCDS system was taking ZERO value

So it was limiting to the maximum of 100000

But it was allowing us to create N number of orders ( after max condition value was reached )

For those extra orders system was taking zero value for ZCDS ( which i think is meaning less)

When i find time i will test this once again and come back to you

I tested this once again today and found that once the maximum condition value is reached for the rest of orders system was taking the nett value as blank

This is the same with my earlier findings

In your example system will not take it to 120000 if the maximum condition value is set to 100000

If that is happening then there is problem somewhere

and in the condition item details analysis system very clearly tells that MAX value is reached for that condition

MAX condition value is working perfectly

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Feb 11, 2011 3:56 PM

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Feb 11, 2011 4:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree with Jignesh. Jimit's post is very clear and gave the exact picture of the requirement.

One possible solution can be a technical approach. Update a z table with the ZD...value for every order. Once the value in z table crosses the becnh mark of 100000, try to block the ZD condition in order or make it statistical. You can have a routine assigned to this ZD condition and read the z table to determine the Max Value.

I will try to see if we can address this with configruation and will post soon.

Regards

Sai

Edited by: Sai on Feb 10, 2011 11:59 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tested OK

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please clarify what you have done.

Regards,

Phani Prasad

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe this issue will be rectified by applying OSS Notes.

Kindly check note 615370 (which also provides other notes).Please test and update the forum.

Regards,

Phani Prasad.

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jimit,

As you said you are giving discount to customer.

I think you are doing a small mistake.

In the condition records > Additional sales data > Max Condition Value

Enter Value 100000- (i.e. Negative Value with minus sign)

Then Try again it should work

Regards

Mayank

itresonance
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hey Mayank - i think this is the right answer for the above problem.

thanks,

Shanker