cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating nested table in Adobe Forms

Former Member

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am a long suffering (16 years) ABAP Developer who is new to Adobe Forms. My client has recently upgraded to ECC6 and we have installed Adobe Lifecycle Designer 8.0. I have been tasked with designing a Pick Slip form to be generated upon creation of the delivery note in core R/3. I have designed a non-interactive from, and have can get it to generate from the backend transaction displaying header/label information, but I cannot see how to output the critical data, namely delivery note line item details and associated batch line details.

I have collected all my data into a table with a deep structure: each line contains delivey note line item, material number, descripton, etc. The last cell in this structure is a table, into which I have collected the batch data for each batch line associated with this delivery line.

I thought this would the simplest way to display the data the client wants - namely loop at the table, write line item summary on one line, followed by batch details for the line, and repeat for each line on the delivery.

I have imported the table into the context folder of the Form, but I have no idea how to display the data in the form itself. I can, for example, bind the table to a table object, but I cannot set the fields to display the necessary data, or I can bind one table (say the batch details, but not insert/bind the Delivery line table over that.

Any assistance would be greatly appereciated.

My final product would, ideally be similar to in structure to the following:

Delivery Line No Material Description QTY <- Delivery Line Header

POSNR MATNR LFIMG <- Delivery Line Item

Batch No Manuf Date Qty <- Batch Header

CHARG HSDAT LFIMG

CHARG HSDAT LFIMG <- Batch Details

POSNR MATNR LFIMG <- Delivery Line Item #2

Batch No Manuf Date Qty <- Batch Header

CHARG HSDAT LFIMG <- Batch Line Item #2

Etc.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to adobe forms Arena.

Well as you said you have a deep structure of data (nested tables).

We can acheive this using nested tables or nested subforms.

For an exmple of nexted tables check in saptechnical > Adobe forms>demos-->nested tables.

I couldn't understand your final output structure nor your source structure.

If you can send me the form I can quickly tailor it in a basic structure from which you can carry on.

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

Thanks for the welcome! It's fun to learn something new - just not when there's a tight deadline! Thanks for the link to SAPTechnical. That's exactly what I want. As to the structure - it's exactly as in the example. I'll work my way through that, and see how go.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers mate.

Answers (0)