cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CX_WD_CONTEXT: Subnode MAIN_VIEW.HEADER_DATA does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Web Dynpro Experts,

I have srm portal system which is freshly built, the problem is when i browse to purchasing --> reports then the page cannot be displayed due to this error:

Note

The following error text was processed in the system SR2 : Subnode MAIN_VIEW.HEADER_DATA does not exist

The error occurred on the application server MDCSAP05_SR2_02 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: GET_CHILD_NODE_INTERNAL of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_ELEMENT========CP

Method: IF_WD_CONTEXT_ELEMENT~GET_CHILD_NODE of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_ELEMENT========CP

Method: IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE~GET_CHILD_NODE of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_NODE_VAL=======CP

Method: IF_WD_BADI_DOMODIFYVIEW~WDDOMODIFYVIEW of program Z_CL_WD_BADI_DOMODIFYVIEW=====CP

Method: DO_MODIFY_VIEW of program CL_WDR_DELEGATING_VIEW========CP

Method: MODIFY_VIEW of program CL_WDR_VIEW===================CP

Method: DO_MODIFY_VIEW of program CL_WDR_CLIENT_COMPONENT=======CP

Method: DO_MODIFY_VIEW of program CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=====CP

Method: PROCESS_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=====CP

Method: PROCESS_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_WINDOW=================CP

Here is error log from ST22:

The exception 'CX_WD_CONTEXT' was raised, but it was not caught anywhere along

the call hierarchy.

Since exceptions represent error situations and this error was not

adequately responded to, the running ABAP program

'CL_WDR_CONTEXT_ELEMENT========CP' has to be

terminated.

any idea what configurations that i missed out?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi antonio,

in that application the view named main_view has no node as header_data.

kindly check that application as already told by sarb via browser where you got the error.

regards,

sahai.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahai,

my apologies, I still can't get the steps.. let me discuss you on how i accees the specific link where i got an error.

1. i log in to irj/portal using internet explorer

2. in the menu tab, (e.g. Home, Procurement, Purchasing, Requisitioning, RFx and Auctions, etc) I went to Purchasing

3. Under Purchasing, i have 3 tabs (Overview, Reports and Service Map), i went to Reports and i stopped from there due to an error

Error when processing your request

What has happened?

The URL http://mdcsap05.maniladc.com:8002/sap/bc/webdynpro/SAPSRM/WDA_L_REP_LPD/ was not called due to an error.

Note

The following error text was processed in the system SR2 : Subnode MAIN_VIEW.HEADER_DATA does not exist

The error occurred on the application server MDCSAP05_SR2_02 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: GET_CHILD_NODE_INTERNAL of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_ELEMENT========CP

Method: IF_WD_CONTEXT_ELEMENT~GET_CHILD_NODE of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_ELEMENT========CP

Method: IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE~GET_CHILD_NODE of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_NODE_VAL=======CP

Method: IF_WD_BADI_DOMODIFYVIEW~WDDOMODIFYVIEW of program Z_CL_WD_BADI_DOMODIFYVIEW=====CP

Method: DO_MODIFY_VIEW of program CL_WDR_DELEGATING_VIEW========CP

Method: MODIFY_VIEW of program CL_WDR_VIEW===================CP

Method: DO_MODIFY_VIEW of program CL_WDR_CLIENT_COMPONENT=======CP

Method: DO_MODIFY_VIEW of program CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=====CP

Method: PROCESS_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=====CP

Method: PROCESS_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_WINDOW=================CP

What can I do?

If the termination type was RABAX_STATE, then you can find more information on the cause of the termination in the system SR2 in transaction ST22.

If the termination type was ABORT_MESSAGE_STATE, then you can find more information on the cause of the termination on the application server MDCSAP05_SR2_02 in transaction SM21.

If the termination type was ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE, then you can search for more information in the trace file for the work process 0 in transaction ST11 on the application server MDCSAP05_SR2_02 . In some situations, you may also need to analyze the trace files of other work processes.

If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

Error code: ICF-IE-http -c: 251 -u: 10568789 -l: E -s: SR2 -i: MDCSAP05_SR2_02 -w: 0 -d: 20110210 -t: 140110 -v: RABAX_STATE -e: UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

What do you mean by application? are you referring to the Reports where i clicked and got the error?

because when i tried to right click on the Reports, i cannot find sarbjeet's referring to

right click in the applciation and go tomore field help

the result that i always got when i right click the Reports is this:

Open

Open in New Window

Save Target As...

Print Target

Cut

Copy

etc.....

Regards,

Tony

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to transaction SICF in system SR2.

there select the particular service by following the path

defalut host

-

>/sap/

-

>bc/

-

>webdynpro/

-

>SAPSRM/

-

>WDA_L_REP_LPD/ right click on this and choose test service.

check whether here also you are gettign the same error.

if yes

goto transaction se80.

select the webdynpro comp from the dropdown and give comp name as /SAPSRM/WDC_L_REP_LPD

and see whether there are any enhancements done on the component. basically you will find enhancement implementations

node there if it has been enhancced.

you need to find out the reason of error here in this comp.

And also in ST22 check the source code extract and see where exactly means in which method the error is coming

thanks

sarbjeet singh

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hello antonio,

right click in the applciation and go tomore field help

by this sarb meant that when even we run/execute a wda application we get an IE on which our output is displayed if you right click on that output you will be getting display quick help and more field help...... when you click on more field help youwill get to know exactly which component is responsible for output.....and accrodingly you will be able to locate the node in that component.

hope i am correct sarb...?

regards,

sahai.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you see this class Z_CL_WD_BADI_DOMODIFYVIEW if there is a hearder_data node being accessed.

Your error suggest me that you have a badi enhancement implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet,

Thank your for your detailed instructions,

>WDA_L_REP_LPD/ right click on this and choose test service.

check whether here also you are gettign the same error.

yes i'm still getting the same error.

if yes

goto transaction se80.

select the webdynpro comp from the dropdown and give comp name as /SAPSRM/WDC_L_REP_LPD

and see whether there are any enhancements done on the component. basically you will find enhancement implementations

node there if it has been enhancced

My apologies, im not familiar with WDA,. how can i check if there are some enhancements have been made/implemented? can you guide me on how to check? and if the result is there is an enhancement has been implemented, what should i do?

Hi Baskaran,

Thank you for your inputs, i've checked "Z_CL_WD_BADI_DOMODIFYVIEW" in SE38 and the status is implemented/Active. What is your recommendation?

Hi Sahai,

I just did the instructions that you provided, but unfortunately, i still can't come up with your expected results.. instead i always experience this (when the IE appears after executing the WDA in txcode SICF, the error will appear as expected,, i right click in the area of the Internet Explorer -> here is the result.. Back, Forward, Save as Background As..., Set as Background, Copy as Background, Set as Desktop Item, etc...) no signs of "display quick help and more field help"

Your Inputs are very much appreciated.

Regards,

Tony

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

You need to check out the web dynpro component in the backend.

to find out which web dynpro comp corresponds to this.

right click in the applciation and go tomore field help.

there you will find the comp name.

go to that component through SE80 and find out the logic written in the eventhandler of the link purchasing --> reports.

here according to the error, some node name HEADER_DATA is not available under the main view which you are trying to

access.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet,

Thanks for your prompt response,

from where should i right click the application? how to get there?

to find out which web dynpro comp corresponds to this.

right click in the applciation and go tomore field help.

there you will find the comp name.

Thanks,

Tony

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IN your application.

In web browser when the applcaition opens and where you have the likes to browse.

there just right click and proceed.

thanks

sarbjeet singh