cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple AutoCAD files in one DIR using Cideon integration to SAP PLM

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are testing the AutoCAD integration with SAP PLM and so far have been unable to figure out how to work with a DIR that has multiple autocad originals. Specifically, an individual AutoCAD file for each sheet of a multi sheet drawing. Has anybody done this before? Using a different document part for each drawing sheet is not an option for us.

Thanks,

Joseph Whiteley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Your requirement as i understand is handeling multiple sheets of AutoCAD Files but the CAD file will be same..

As i understand The CAD integration identified it as single Dir and the ECL viewer provided along with SAP GUI supports viewing multiple sheets of the Autocad Files , so i dont think you woul need mutiple DIR or using the Part as sheet. though generally if the CAD Drawing sheets are indipendent CAD files then u would need to assign the sheet using the Dir part.

U can Also use other CAD viewer like Autodesk DWG trueview & call the viewer appl from SAP when viewing AutoCAD files with multiple sheets. thjis is ideal for other dept users w/o CAD application.

i hope i have addressed your issue.

thanks

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

The available standard 3rd party connector for AutoCAD doesn't support the functionality you have mentioned. It will require special custom enhancements available from same vendor which will cost extra bucks. We ended up using the same solution that John suggested. Create only a single DIR for the entire Multi sheet drawing and use the AutoCAD DWG viewer instead of the ECL viewer, I'm not 100% sure but ECL viewer does not support viewing individual sheets of this single drawing. Last I knew on this topic is that SAP is moving away from ECL viewer to Right Hemisphere not sure what happened though! Also having a single DIR will lead to requiring enhancements while using Conversion engine (for PDF conversion).

We still face troubles when it comes to our change process, approval, and transmittal process.

NK