cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Monitoring Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have a situaction , is there a posibility to know is any message from source side is not comming to PI.

For example.

A Partner sends a message every 15 minutes , but sometimes PI Monitoring don't show any message, usually we have two options , one of them is the channel sender is frozen or Partner don't send a message.

I both case , I need to know is there a option to read the values from PI (maybe the last message by party,service and interface) and compare with internal tables is message is not comming correctly and then send an email

Or maybe exist another posible solution.

I'm work with PI 7.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis Ortiz,

I understand your requirement as, Sender system will send message at a frquency, if messages is not received at times, you need to raise an alert.

As far as I know, it not possible. SAP PI as a middleware, when sender systems sends data, then only it will come to know.

On part of PI, you can configure CCMS alert monitoring on Inbound queues and channels. So that if sender sends message, when it gets stuck in PI, you can get alert mails. PI has no control on Sending system, I think we cannot achieve this requirement using BPM.

You have design solution out of PI.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the system is file system then, you can write a unix script which can poll the file system and if it doesnt find any file after 15mins it can trigger an email to concerned person.

Regards,

Deepak.