cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Portal - Hover descriptions for the text and buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the SRM Portal (5.0), the standard hover description for text and text fields is "Area for Input Fields".

Hover descriptions are those little boxes that appear when you mouse over fields, offering additional info about the fields.

In the HTML templates, there is no perceivable way to edit these fields. I have tried to edit the tooltip for these fields in the screen painter for these screens (SE51 Layout), but that doesn't work.

Has anyone been able to accomplish this? Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the HTML templates, there is no perceivable way to edit these fields. I have tried to edit the tooltip for these fields in the screen painter for these screens (SE51 Layout), but that doesn't work.

The effective way is to modify your HTML template by adding "title" attribute to the field or action button. For example:

<input type="text" size=25 title="Enter your email address here">

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that but I don't know how to modify the existing html to do this. If I just add what you stated, it created a new input box with no relation to the field I want to change.

For example, the code for the field 'Description" looks like this:

`TR()` `BBPSC_TD_FIELD("GS_SCR_SPEC_I-DESCRIPTION",
                          TXT_SPEC_I-DESCRIPTION.label,
                         "X", TXT_SPEC_I-DESCRIPTION_MAX.label)`

Where would I add the title in this case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to get to the source code for function BBPSC_TD_FIELD to understand how this function is called. For this you can check out the template SAPLBBP_SC_FUNCTIONS from Internet Service BBPSC01. You will probably need to replace this function call to your own plain HTML code in the HTML template you are trying to modify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

The function 'BBPSC_TD_FIELD' gives no parameters for changes to the hover descriptions:

`function BBPSC_TD_FIELD_DEFINE(FieldName_p,
                                Label_p,
                                TD_p = "X",
                                maxLength_p = "40",
                                size_p = "40",
                                ValueExt_p = "",
                                Mandatory_p = "",
                                Lines_p = "" );`

Like you said, I might need to create my own function here. I can't change the standard function, since it's called from almost every template, so creating my own would be best.

It's hard to understand what to change exactly. From where are the input parameter (FieldName_p, maxLength_p) values pulled/callled? Hmm. How do I name mine and what else ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you look into the function source code, you'd notice this

<input type="text" id="`FieldName_p`" name="`FieldName_p`" 
                    value="`MaskSpecialChar(^FieldName_p.value)`" 
                    maxlength=`maxLength_p` size=`size_p`
                    `if (Mandatory_p == "X")` title="`#REQ_FIELD`" `end`> 

And this is what you want to modify into in your HTML template by replacing the variable #REQ_FIELD to whatever tooltip text you would like to show.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but I don't understand how. Thanks anyway.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone???