Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never lock a user

Erika_Cali
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear gurus

I have Portal Composition Environment, theres an application that consults in our ERP system, the connection between th ERP and the application is made by an ERP user, but if the user gets the wrong password for several times in Portal, the ERP user is locked, which parameter can I use to avoid that the ERP user gets locked?, because this is a dialogue type user(the system type user didnt work).

Regards,

Erika

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think there is no procedue to avoid locking the user after incorrect logins. (correct me if i am wroing).

you can set the parater login/fails_to_user_lock . and the value is 99.

the user don't lock till 99 wrong passwod hits.

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand why you want to turn off this security feature. Do your users share one ERP users or each user has it's own ERP user?

Cheers

0 Kudos

Each person has a user on the Portal CE website and when you make a query, internally run a webservices that uses a user of the ERP for the query (the same user ERP for all queries), if the user makes a mistake entering your password on the portal CE, then the user of ERP system is blocked, only want that user only ERP not block ever.

Thanks,

Erika

0 Kudos

What about communication or service user?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi,

obviously you are using wrong user type. But still isn't it annoying for users to always enter different password when they want to run that application? Isn't it possible to predefine that password or use certificates for authentication?

Cheers

0 Kudos

If by CE you mean Composition Environment and consuming the webservice needs entering a password then SOA is Slave Oriented Architecture

Who told you to do this? Did anyone mention a WDSL file in any discussions?

Cheers,

Julius