cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeater - with reference document - not working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a XML reference document loaded and mapped to a xml local variable.

When using a Repeater to select to a specific row (of the xml local variable), I am not able to see those items in the repeater. Any idea?

example transaction sequence

1. Load a reference document

2. Create Local variable (xml type)

3. Assign reference document to this Local variable

4. Under Load reference action block, create a repeater. Configure repeater to repeat on defined rows.

5. Under this repeater, an actionblock to select the row of the repeater....(Here I am not able to see the rows in the item)

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess there is bug in this version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the reference document xsl typed?

if so,

did you try to use after delete ns0:, ns1: vs. in xpath expression.

Regards.

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It sounds like what you are doing is incorrect. If you want to assign this reference document to the local variable you created, you must go to the Menu on the top, "Transaction" -> Assign Reference Document. Choose your local xml property you created and then choose the "..." button next the the "Link to Other Object" input box and a new screen will appear. Find the xml file you want to assign to your local property and click ok. Then make sure to click on the "Assign Reference Document" button. Your local variable should turn from red to green.

Now you will be able to navigate the local property in the repeater.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik

I had actually what you described.

On the third step is the Assignment of Ref doc as you described

I can see the property in the local xml when I use other action block BUT when I use Repeater and configure it to the speficic row of the local XML.

But I am not able to see the properties in the Link Editor under the Repeater

Let me describe that again...hopefully this time clearly.

1. Sequence 1 - action block load Reference document with xml format

2. Create a local variable abc_xml (with xml datatype)

3. Assign Reference Document (under Task ) assign the reference document to abc_xml

4. Created Sequence 2 with assignment action block (just to check if the Assignment of Reference Doc succsessfull - YES I could see the properties of the reference doucment)

4. Create Sequence 3 - with a repeater

5. Configure the repeater to get rows of the abcl_xml

6. Create Sequence 4 - with assignment block

7. In sequence 4 , Link Editor - the Repeater has emtpy property set ( I expect the rows)

thanks

Edited by: Seng Kiang Hoe on Feb 9, 2011 11:01 PM

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I misunderstood what you were doing and it seems correct. What version of MII are you using. I tested this on 12.1.7 SP4 (b50) and it worked fine for me.

Thanks,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Version 12.1.7 Build(47)