Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 step picking for production orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Basic requirements:

u2022Material needs to be picked from the source and sent to a staging area/ storage type or another location.

u2022Material to be issued against production orders(not deliveries)

u2022Due to the distance travelled, Goods Issue to production order is not to be initiated at the source, it is to be consumed at receipt or issue to the line.

The requirement is to use production orders to pick material out of a warehouse managed location in a type of 2 step picking.

Can somebody please guide if the above requirement can be fulfilled by using warehouse management 2 step picking process.

If not, is there any functionality available to accomplishing this in release 4.7.

Since in 2 step picking making all the material involved as 2 step relevant in WH1 view of material master is mandatory,

I will appreciate if somebody can suggest alternative solution to the above.

Thanking you in advance for your time.

ASA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

thanks for the suggestion of 2 step confirmation. I will find out exactly how this will work out.

At present I am trying to find the best fit for this scenario.Open to any other suggestions.

Thanks

ASA

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ASA,

Not clear if you want two step picking or two step confirmation for the TO (WM removal of material against production order)

Two step picking is used where same material in multiple deliveries required to pick in single movement by clubbing all required quantities in first (picking) TO and later this clubbed quantity gets distributed to all deliveries as per their requirement in second (distribution) TO.

Two step confirmation of TO involve where single TO quantity needs to pick and confirm in two different incidence. As like you mentioned the receiving location is far away from the sending location and stock removal and confirmation should not be done immediately.

Please confirm.

Reg,

Sudhir