cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No transaction currency when using resources in CJR2 planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

There is a requirement (for further BW processing) to always have the transaction currency field populated when doing CJR2 cost planning on WBS elements.

There are two custom planner profiles used with the following

1) Receiving WBS, sending cost center, activity type, qty

2) Receiving WBS, resource, qty

In case 2) the price comes from a base planning object valued at one dollar which is attached to each resource as part of the resource master data maintenance (transaction KPR2).

For 1) we get the transaction currency field populated whereas it is blank for 2).

Ideas / thoughts on why it is blank for 2) are welcome ...

Thanks / Anders

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check your plannnig proifle whether its having "Controlling Area Currency" updation or Transaction currency updation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I can not find any parameter in the planning profile itself in which to define this. Please clarify.

Thanks / Anders

Ps.

I can see that there are currency related keyfigures & attributes in the planning layout linked to the planning profile. It is not clear to me however why the planning transaction is not saved with transaction currency populated when using resources as the layouts are similar in the two cases described.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

There is a note 183556 which discusses planning, resources and currencies. It is however still not clear why the transaction currency do not get updated when planning with resources. The controlling area (OKKP) is defined to update all currencies.

Regards / Anders