cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COM-AddIn for XLReporter in Excel 2010

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot export an XL Report to an Excel as I receive the following error message: "A required COM addin programm for XL Reporter has not been loaded and prohibits Excel from running".

I've followed the hints on http://butnaa.blogspot.com/2008/10/xl-reporter-error.html but when I try to import the *.dll, I receive an error message that the *.dll is not a valid Excel Plugin.

Has anyone a solution for this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is anybody solved described problem? I have got the same problem, try everything, but nothing helped.

Best regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thank you for your kind support.

I am a local admin on the machine, running Business One.

I have now imported the registry key as Balaji mentioned, now I see a COM AddInn called "iLytix XL Reporter". Anyhow I get a different error message as my security settings prohibit XL Reporter from running.

I already have enabled the macros, are there some more security adjustments I have to do?

Edited by: gregAT on Feb 10, 2011 10:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you refer to SAP Note 853343

Regards,

Rakesh N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Tools menu, choose the new COM Add-ins option.This opens the COM Add-ins window.opening the window choose Add to open the Add Add-in window. Select the IXXLReporter.dll file located in the Client directory in the XL Reporter program installation area and choose OK. In the COM Add-ins window, select the XL Reporter checkbox and choose OK.

Now the issue will have been solved.

Regards,

Rakesh N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this then:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

when I try to this (adding the IXXLReporter.dll to the COM AddIn), Excel is refusing this as it says that the DLL is not a valid Excel PlugIn. I'm afraid that this is a compatibility issue of XL Reporter and Excel 2010.

In the Trust Center I've enabled all macros (also unsigned macros) and I've also checked "Trust acces to the VBA project object model".

Has anyone used XL Reporter with Excel 2010?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

i have the same problem without any solution

did you resolve it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Unfortunately I did not solve it until now.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue.

Has anyone managed to fix this.

Jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Check your MS Excel version - only 32bit worked for us. Also check [https://channel.sap.com/smb/sbo/platforms] - especially section Desktop System Platforms.

Best regards

Radek

Edited by: Radoslaw Kowal on Mar 18, 2011 9:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Radek,

we are working on a 64-Bit System with a 64-Bit Version of MS Excel.

Is there any update or workaround to solve this issue on 64-Bit?

Best regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried this solution:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you need to be a local admin on the system to load the COM addin

Regards,

Rakesh N

former_member312729
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

First try to start CommAddin Registry.

Under the respective Drive--> SAP--->SAP B1 folder---> Addons --> XLR ---> XLReporter --> CommAddin registry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome you post on the forum.

Check this first:

Thanks,

Gordon