cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Japanese Kanji is not printing in SMARTFORM eventhough it is showing in PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a very peculier problem with smart form. When we are trying to print Quotation and Sales Order seperately in the SAME printer Kanji data(Material description VBAP-ARKTX) is not getting printed for Sales Order but it is printing for Quotation. This Sales Order is created with respect the same Quotation. So SO hase same materials and same descriptions. When we check print preview in both the Forms we could able to see kanji data. But when we are trying to print or even trying to download using program RSTXPDFT4 kanji description is not coming in SO but it is coming in Quotation.

only the difference we found between these smart forms is SMARTSTYLES.

For Quotation used a style with TIMES type and

For SO used a style with HELVE.

I tried to change SO style to TIMES still it didnt work..

I read in SDN reply that for style with HELVE we need to maintain font "JPMINCHO" in form.

Can anybody explain where and how to maintain this font in the form.

Thanks in advance.

Purushotham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use a non unicode device type like JPSAPWIN, you need to maintain font like JPMINCHO in the smartstyle for the paragraph and character formats that are used for the Japanese texts in the smartform. You should also use a smartform with language key JA.

If you have a Unicode system and you create the spool via unicode device type SWINCF, then the font or the form language is not important. So can you try again creating the spool via device type SWINCF and check the result?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aidan, We will try this...