Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Point Issue

former_member295881
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm having a bit of challenge with Shipping point withing my sales order. From my understanding SHIPPING POINT depends on the PLANT,SHIPPING CONDITIONS & LOADING GROUP

SHIPPING CONDITIONS is selected for my customer under shipping tab. I've used PLANT (3000 New York) and SHIPPING CONDITION (30 Standard)

LOADING GROUP is chosen under Material master General plant data tab which is (0001 Crane)

Then I went to Transaction code OVL2 to maintian the combination of PLANT+SHIPPING CONDITIONS as (3000, 0001)

Even after performing all the above steps system doesn't automatically propose me Shipping point and under sales order item details shipping tabe when i click on SHIPPING POINT message shows 'No possible entries exist for this field.

Can anybody see what's missing in my steps?

Many thanks in advance.'

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then I went to Transaction code OVL2 to maintian the combination of PLANT+SHIPPING CONDITIONS as (3000, 0001)

Why you did not enter for the combination 3000-0001-30 in OVL2? Try after adding the loading group combination also.

Regards,

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i hope that you are creating a new sales order and not expecting the system to update it in the old one.

ok now try to maintain it manually because the system will also throw an error if you have not maintained the configuration in ovl2.

try to also check in vov8 the shipping conditin type as the system give the priorities to the ship condition to the one mentioned in the vov8.

if any other ship cond is maintained in vov8 then also maintain new ship pt det rule in ovl2.

system will only look for the shipping condition if it not maintained in fristvov8,then cmir and then cmr

so look for it n revert

Thanks

Mohit Singh

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Then I went to Transaction code OVL2 to maintian the combination of PLANT+SHIPPING CONDITIONS as (3000, 0001)"

From this line it looks like you have not entered the details of your delivering plant, I think you should look into it.

Thanks,

Saplinx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might have to review the user exit to ensure that the shipping point is being determined on the sales order.

Normally the shipping point is only required on the delivery, but I'm aware of requirements, that one wants to have the shipping point on the sales order.

Regards,

Jan Pel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please delete the wrong assignments on the shipping point and re assign your shipping point only on the same.

hope this clears your issue

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

More precisely you can check the following

1.Shipping conditions entered in the Customer Master Data of Sold to party/ sales area data/ Shipping tab.

2.Loading group entered in Material Master data / Sales : General/Plant view.

3. Delivering Plant which would be picked in the following sequence-

(a) Customer Master Info records. Check at [VD53]

(b) Customer master data of Ship to party - Sales Area data/ shipping tab.

(c) Material master data - Sales : Sales org1 view

(d) Else you can enter or change manually in the system, which has priority above all.

In the sales order you can find the Shipping Conditions in the Header data - Shipping tab page - you can enter manually or overwrite it.

In the sales order you can find the Delivering plant at Item data - shipping tab page. same as above you can enter it manually or overwrite it.

Loading Group is not displayed in a Sales order & can be looked in Material master data only.

See that the above fields you have in your Sales order & MMD are assigned with the shipping point at [OVL2] screen.

If it does then certainly the Shipping Point would be picked up.

Ram

former_member295881
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input guys,

I was tying to use the existing plant and Shipping point however i realize to copy this and create new WITH

Shipping condition (which I'm using for customer)

Loading Group (which I used for my material)

Thanks alot again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In OVL2 you have to enter the

combination of

Shipping conditionsLoading GroupPlant+Preferred Shipping Point

regards

Prashanth