Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP solution manager EHP1 hardware migration

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are going for the hardware migration in solution manager ehp1 sp23. Where can i get the SAP related documents for migration related document for solution manager.

Thanks,

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is one documetn that is useful SAP Solution Manager - Content Transfer

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000089860&;

Migration != systemcopy! -

A Solution Manager migration is a very cumbersome thing since all the system connections need to be re-generated (or those, that you want to connect), means: RFC, Solution Manager Diagnostics Agents, the SLD (if you use the one on SolMan) etc.

Data migration is not supported within all scenarios.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

So this means i can use the System Copy Guide for SAP Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Including Enhancement Package 1 ABAPJava or shall i use ehp1 sr1 abapjava.

Thanks,

Rohan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

It much easier to do a fresh install, and setup the connection etc. Do not mean to discourage you but honestly you will end up doing more cleanup work if you go with a system copy ! Just my opinion.

Thanks,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

refer this [|]

jansi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the 'System Copy' guide that explains all your questions in detail. You may find this guide on the following link.

www.service.sap.com/installnw70.

Then in the left hand tree, select 'Installation'. On the right, you will find 'Installation Information'.

Please scroll down and at the bottom of the page, you will find a list. Expand the node 'Installation - SAP NetWeaver Systems'. Under this node,

- you will find the guides to copy the system to a new hardware. This guide will also explain the follow up activities and the configuration required to be done in the target system.

I hope this will help you in moving forward.