cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Document Service to print PO attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If anyone has Adobe Document Service (ADS) installed on their system, could you please create a Purchase Order (PO) with an attachment and take a printout of the PO and check if the attachment is printed along with the PO. If it is then please let me know.

In one of the threads I read that you need to install Adobe Document Service(ADS) to print the attachment along with the PO. But nowhere in the ADS documentation did I read that installing ADS will help print the attachement with the PO. I need to be sure of the solution before I reccomend installing ADS to the client.

Also if anyone has any documentation on ADS especially saying that it will help print PO attachments while printing PO please let me know.

Thanks,

Jack

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls see if note 764937 is of any help to you.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Disha.

But the note mentions that the PO displays an empty window. But in our case, the PO is coming out fine. We want to print the PO attachments along with the PO. The attachments are not getting printed along with the PO. Also we are using Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.

Thanks once again.

Jack

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Any update ? solution ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yann and sorry for the delay in replying back.

Found a document on the web, that says to print MS office attachments, installing XDC (external document service) is necessary. Also in one of the threads, theres a reply that there is a function module that converts the contents of the attachment from binary to normal format and then the attachments can be printed.

Havent got anything concrete. Also I dont think ADS is the way to go if you want to print attachments with PO.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Jack

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

I am working with SRM50 and ECS.

Attachments with mail output is working fine.

However, i do not know, as you, how to print attachments at once.

Could you send me the document that says that XDC is mandatory so i can read it ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Yann.

Where do you want me to mail them?

Regards,

Jack

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

yannbouillut@yahoo.fr

Thanks

Rgds,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack/Yann,

I am on SRM4.0 SP9 and wanted to achieve the same. But got a reply from SAP as below :

Dear Customer,

The print and fax option will only display the attachment names, not

the actual attachment which is part of the purchase order, if you wish

to provide the attachments to the vendor please use the XML or email

output option and the attachment will be included in this document

type.

Is it possible through XDC, can you please share the document with me so I can read it.

My id smita.kumar@yahoo.com

thanks,

smita

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

I didn't receive it yet...

Kind regards,

Yann

Answers (0)