cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Device with Device Type SWINCF not send to printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're on SAP R/3 (version 4.7 w/ supporting unicode). In order to display Vietnamese Characters in smartforms, we implement SAP note 812821 to get new device type SWINCF. Everything works find on print preview but when print out form the output is crap. we can not see anything out except unreadable characters.

More information:

- Host Spool Access Method: U (Print using Berkeley Protocol) there is no access method G

- Host printer: "(it is not __DEFAULT)

Please anyone has got this issue help us.

Thanks so much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure, your printer is supported to print Vietnamese fonts ( that is uni-code enabled)

If you printer supprots, then you try to use font family defined in your paragraph format also can hold Vietnamese characters. Also check whether the font family used inyour formed is tied to the device type.

Lastly, If printout comes from front end printer(windows printer) then make sure Vietnamese font installed in Windows.

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Ram,

We are able to print vietnamese from words, excel,... Could we change the access method for network printer? because our server is in Australia and the printer is in Vietnam

Thanks,

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess changing access method to your network printer may solve the print issue, but it may give you some alignement issues. Any how before you try changing access method, goto spool and do analysis on form change in Raw format. Steps given below.

1) go to transaction code SP02

2) Identify the spool request that is printing vietnamese characters.from menu, goto>display request> settings

3) change the display mode from graphical to raw, enter

4) display the output of the spool, now you will see raw format of your output.. now try to identify, what font family is it using during print of vietnamese characters, Note: in raw format FC --> Font change.

5) Make sure the font family that is printing vietnamese characters hold all vietnamese characters.

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply.

I've do some tests. And found that spool can display font TIMES. I'll request BASIS team to change the access method.

Thanks,

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following with report RSCPSETCASCADINGFONTS.(see CascadingFontGuide attached to note 812821)

SE38 -> RSCPSETCASCADINGFONTS -> Select radion button 'Full Settings'

-> Execute

You get a pop-up saying that no mapping has been set and asking will it use the default mapping.

Click on the 'OK' button to confirm this.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adian,

Everything is okie except we cannot send physical output to printer. I think there is maybe issue with the transfer protocol.

Thanks,

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the status of the spool in SP01?Check by double click on te status and then click on events icon in the pop-up.

Regards,

Aidan