cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Heap Space Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running SAP MII 12.0 on windows server 2003 SP1 installed on a virtual machine with 4GB RAM, Intel Xenon CPU E5504 @ 2.00 GHz.

We started getting the Java Heap Space Error while executing a transaction which fetches about 200 rows. But now the error is quiet frequent and appears while trying to open or close the transactions or save trying to save data.

I have edited the heap space in the config tool to 2048 but this has not helped. Not sure if this is of significance but the SAP R3 server being used is quiet slow and takes about 3 mins to return data when I run the BAPI on it. This resulted in the transaction timing out a few times before we started getting the error. Increasing the connection timeout and read timeout for the transaction has not helped.

Please help me resolve this

Thanks

Maaz Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram increased to 6GB

Heapspace increased to 3GB

Problem resolved for now.

Can anyone help determine what is calculated in the formula

1024 min (round($) max 256)

with a 6GB ram I get 1024 min (6144 max 256)

Does this give me minimum 256 and maximum 1024 or is it multiplying something to 1024

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide a bit more detail into the BAPI being used?

Also why would the BAPI take 3 minutes to execute within R3 (perhaps this is where your troubleshooting efforts should be concentrated?)?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BAPI being used is BAPI_GOODSMVT_GETITEMS I am specifying the Material, Plant, Goods Mvt ranges, and a date range.

I was informed that the QA R3 system is not among the best servers and the speeds would be better in production (under 3s).

Also I have been looking at the sapmmc. Each time I restart the cluster or the server I get a series of messages or alerts. In these alerts I see a series (Content, Navigation, PRT, etc..) of health checks failing. And the last two errors are as below

Object - Common Information

Attribute - Failed to Start Application

Description - 2 appl > 1 appl last reported value above threshold.

and

Object - Common Information

Attribute - Failed to Start Application

Description - 1 appl > 0 appl last reported value above threshold.

I am able to launch the menu page after this and when i run the above mantioned BAPI I get the error

Object - Memory Info

Attribute - Usage Rate

Description - 81% > 80% last reported value above threshold