cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe forms from scratch - Standard programs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just begun trying to implement Adobe forms from scratch at my company. Previosly we have used an external printing solution so I can't convert anything. My plan is to create a new output medium and let the users select the new type by themself. But I have a couple of questions:

1. How do I create a new medium (Examples: Print output/Fax/Telex, as found in t-code NACT - Processing routines)

2. I guess there are SAP standard printing programs, interfaces and forms, but I can't find them. I need to be able to print all the usual docs from orders, deliveries and invoices. All I have in NACT are old home-made (Z*) programs so if you know what SAP think we should use now, please let me know!

We have ERP6 ehp4 on netweaver 7 ehp1 and I have created one "Adobe form" myself so I can confirm that it works. but I don't want to invent the wheel twice...

Thanx in advance!

Br Linus Hellsing

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If anybody else encounters the same issue, I will write what print programs I have used:

Order:

Package VD_PDF

Program SD_SDOC_PRINT01

Form: SD_SDOC_FORM01

Invoice:

Package VD_PDF

Program SD_INVOICE_PRINT01

Form: SD_INVOICE_FORM01

PO order:

Package ME

Program SAPFM06P

Form: MEDRUCK_PO

Br Linus Hellsing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linus,

I was wondering if you had a moment to comment on an opportunity that I am having regarding Adobe forms development efforts?

If so, please read on:

Our offshore team has worked on a development effort to replace Smart Forms PO's and Contracts with Adobe forms. They created new output types for these Adobe forms. In testing I noticed that the only way I can get them to print - is if I go into Print Preview and print -or- use SP01 and click on the .pdf icon and print. In both cases it uses Adobe Acrobat to perform the actually printing.

We cannot seem to get them to print using the normal SAP message utility. Our users would expect to continue to:

1. Use the Messages button while in the PO document - and select the new output type along with Meduim= Printed Output...

2. Then they select Further data button - to specify Send Immediately.

3. Then they use the Communication Method tab and specify the Logical Destination (as LOCL) and click on the Check box for Print immediately.

They get what appears to be an rambling of Adobe error lines followed by many blank pages....

At this point I am not sure if the print program is working correctly - or if the problem is with Adobe Document Services?

Have you ever encountered a situation like this during your Adobe development efforts?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

I foud a way to edit create the new medium. SE11 - Domain: NA_NACHA -> Change.

Almost too simple...

But I am still looking for SAP standard printing programs / interfaces / forms .Anybody please? Or have you written everything yourself?

Br Linus Hellsing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linus,

Your requirement is not clear to me. Anyway, if it is to print an adobe form, Adobe provides print button in the interactive form when you open it. We use to develop interfaces and forms as per our requirement in SFP transaction. Once the layout design is done, we can download the form by running the driver program.

Or you meant standard SAP programs to print an Adobe form without opening it?

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanooch,

Thank you for answering.

I will try to explain better. I am about to set up a complete solution for my companys printouts. My idea was not to design the invoices and order confirmation and their interfaces and printing programs and so on from scratch. I'm hoping that SAP have developed these already, so I just can edit them in SFP/SE80/NACE to suit my needs.

But I can't find them. Do they even excist?

I hope so! Please let me be right!

Br Linus Hellsing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

To clarify even more:

In note 772182 you can read about some forms that SAP has delivered for EA-PS:

FM_PAYMENTREQUEST Payment request

FM_PAYMENTREQUEST_TYP1 Collective payment request Type1

FM_PAYMENTREQUEST_TYP2 Collective payment request Type2

FM_PAYMENTREQUEST_TYP3 Collective payment request Type3

FM_PAYMENTREQUEST_TYP4 Collective payment request Type4

FM_ACCEPTANCEREQUEST Acceptance request

FM_ACCEPTANCEREQUEST_TYP1 - Collective acceptance request Type1

FM_ACCEPTANCEREQUEST_TYP2 - Collective acceptance request Type2

FM_ACCEPTANCEREQUEST_TYP3 - Collective acceptance request Type3

FM_ACCEPTANCEREQUEST_TYP4 - Collective acceptance request Type4

FM_CLEARINGREQUEST Transfer clearing request

The form interface for these forms is FM_REQUEST.

I am trying to find stuff like this for orders / deliveries and invoices.

Br Linus