Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit PO - No Custom Field Transfer to Backend

bjoern_weigand
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a custom field on SRM for shopping carts and also for POs on item level. The custom field is populated on SRM with workflow data and is transported to backend via BAPI_PO_CREATE1.

It works fine for normal POs, but for limit POs the custom filed is missing.

I used fbgendat in order to know whether the value has been transported to backend or not.

So I realized that there is a difference between a normal PO and a limit PO.

The difference is a missing structure for limit POs.

The BAPI table EXTENSIONIN contains 4 entries for normal POs (BAPI_TE_MEPOHEADER(X) and BAPI_TE_MEPOITEM(X)) and only the header entries exist for limit POs. The custom field is on item level and therefore it is missing here.

I wonder know, why those entries are missing for limit POs.

So the question is not regarding the transport of custom fields in general but why it is working for normal POs, but not for limit POs.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and Kind Regards

Björn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

Could you please guide me on how I can create a custom field in Limit Item which is start date and end date .. and send it to ECC ... I understand it is called through an RFC in FM BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW   but what exactly to do in this .. a step by step guide would be much helpful .. Also do I need to create meta data for the field to appear on the portal ?

Kindly let me know .. !

former_member610985
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bjoern/ Harm,

Have you got any solution for this issue. Please share it if you got any solution.

Regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjoern,

I am facing the same problem with SRM 5.50 SP 12. In my opinion it is a bug, so I have send a message to OSS this week. There are several OSS-notes related to this issue. This gives me the idea that customer fields should be replicated to ECC for both normal and limit items. More over I can't think of a functional reason why it shouldn't work for limit items.

When I get a solution from SAP I will let you know.

Kind regards,

Harm

bjoern_weigand
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harm,

thank you for your response. Unfortunately I didn't check the OSS notes and it sounds reasonable, that there is a bug in the system. So I'll wait on you response and hopefully a solution from SAP.

Kind Regards

Björn