cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Web Dynpro object name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

I am new to Web Dynpro. I would like to know how can I get current Web Dynpro object name from user interface on Portal - to open source code in SE80?

Is it possible to use in Web Dynpro something like "/h" in backend command line? - to start debugger immediatelly after user action?

Thanks a lot for help.

Best Regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Ok, thanks for help, I see I need to study Web Dynpro deeply.

What I was looking for is right click over the field on Portal -> option More field help - Technical Info for UI element. There is list with all needed info. No idea why I didn't try this first

Best Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way is to get the application name from the iView and use the se80

se80->r3 repository info system->webdynpro->webdynpro-applicaties

supply the name and search.

one you find the entries, you can select them and find out which component /interface view is being called.

from there you can analyse the code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

thanks for reply. Unfortunatelly I don't know what should I search for in repository - which name to supply and search. I have opened certain page on portal. And I need to get some technical information from this page to open or find source in SE80.

Best Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Baskaran,

> thanks for reply. Unfortunatelly I don't know what should I search for in repository - which name to supply and search. I have opened certain page on portal. And I need to get some technical information from this page to open or find source in SE80.

>

> Best Regards,

> Martin

As i already mentioned, you at least have to get the name of the application from iView property sheet. If you have a content administrator rights then you can find the iView and see the property.

Otherwise ask people who have this access to tell you the application name.