cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP Connector names

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CUP Experts,

I'm certain that many of you have encountered this problem.

Each CUP SAP Connector must be named the same as the CUA system name or the logical system name.

- In the CUA case this is no problem.

But when I need to provision system families without CUA connection the problem starts.

We refresh our Q/A system from the Production system a couple of times per year, since the Q/A system is as big as the production system we let it have the same logical system as the production system.

- Our admins say that a logical system name conversion would take days and we don't have that time.

Here the CUP problem starts, I have to choose not to provision the Q/A system if I want to provision the production system because CUP forces me to use the logical system name as the connector name.

Has anyone been able to solve this?

Br,

Stefan Ericsson

+358-50-4867527

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think so there is any option available in GRC to differentiate this thing as both have same logical names. Generally, after system refresh, BDLS needs to run which changes the logical hostname. I think you should run BDLS after system copy in the target system to change the logical system name. This is time consuming but it should be part of post-processing of system copy activity.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

So there is actually no answer for us since changing the logical system name after refresh is simply not an option.

/Stefan