cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries on Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDNers,

Below are the questions that I have got when learning BO. SO Please answer these to help me out.

We are having query and Calc Engine, Business layer and data foundation layer and Data federation engine in Universe . Business layer and Data foundation I am able to see at Designer and Can you tell me where do we get query and calc Engine and data federarion engine in Universe.

In BO XI 3.1, For each BEx Query I need to create a universe. Suppose If I want to create a Universe on 10 Bex Queries.How do I Create. I knew that we can add a universe(On top of single BEx Query) in Webi.

What is the difference b/w link two universes and Including a universe with another universe. When shall we go for these two options and Why?

Info view: When I want schedule a report after an Event will be raised. I have this event option when I tried to schedule but where do we create this events and how ?

Thanks,

Swathi.D

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I can tell you on linking universes and including universes

If we link the universes then if we make changes in the core universe those changes are reflected in derived universe.In case of including universe changes are not made in derived universe even if core universe changes.

If your data in core universe is dynamic use -

linking

If your data in core universe is confidencial(should not be changed by others) use -

include

Any way with the advancement in dataproviders and merge dimensions these are nnot used that much.