cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chaning IDoc Segment Versions in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have IDOC to IDOC scenario in which there is a requirement in which receiver system is able to accept only old version for some of the segments.

My sender side SAP system is sending the Idoc with new versions for all segments and I am passing same idoc to Receiver system. Is it possible to change the segment versions in PI? and How do we do it?

Thanks and Regards,

Atul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check table 'IDXIDOCSYN' in SE16, but I guess you cannot edit them..

-

Srikanth Srinivasan

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
it possible to change the segment versions in PI?

Why do you want to do anything in PI....ask the ABAP team to provide the older version of IDOC

My sender side SAP system is sending the Idoc with new versions for all segments and I am passing same idoc to 
Receiver system.

pass the idoc which the receiving system wants...with old segments....maintain a different mapping for the older one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your response.

I can get older version of Idoc but how do we select older version of the perticular segments.

I only need to get segment versions of 46C for some of the segments.

Thanks ,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said get the idoc with all the segment versions (needed for the target sap system) from the target sap system itself and import the same in SAP and use it in your scenario...

you cannot handle these version infos in the PI..provided that is handled in target SAP System..

At runtime PI fetches the idoc metadata from the system to which it needs to send the idoc..so even if explicitly handles the version it will get overwritten as per the metadata info fetched..

so solution is get this done in SAP system itself and import the same in PI and do mapping..

HTH

Rajesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will have to import the old IDoc and use it in your scenario