cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI problem with ABRVW field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please excuse me if my question is silly but I really need help. I am receiving EDI errors in my supplier's AVIEXPs because the field ABRVW in the iDOCs he sends for one particular reference has the value "X" instead of "E". My supplier is unable to fix the problem, they say they are unable to locate the ABRVW field. I am a basic user of SAP so I cannot help them. Where can my supplier find the ABRVW field, and what must they do to change its vaue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your supplier doesn't create SAP IDOC records. They send in a specified format and your middleware does the conversion from external format to SAP IDOC. So you should first contact your middleware team and check with them why/where is the field ABRVW is being populated from. They'll be able to help you out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. However I don't have this problem wilth all references, only with one, so I assume my middleware is working fine since it does the conversion in the right way for all references, but not for this one. In fact both our supplier and ourselves are companies of the same group and use very similar SAP versions, so there shouldn't be any conversion problems. So I am pretty sure the problem is in some setting my supplier is usiing for this reference, and in particular in the ABRVW field. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wouldn't say that it is the fault of the middleware but they would be converting vendor data into SAP IDOC. So they would be able to help you in trying to identify the reasons for putting an E/X in ABRVW field. Do you know what is the standard used by your vendor in data transmission? EDI? (if yes then what standard EDIFACT/X12 etc)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are probably correct... but there is no harm in checking.. Check with your middle ware and find out if they are doing any mapping for this field in the IDOC (Usage indicator)... If they are using values AS-IS, then your supplier is probably not having the correct reference...

If your supplier is also using SAP, this field ABRVW is part of Customer master, VBAK, VBAP and so on... Most like they are not maintaining correct value for ABRVW in their Customer master or Sales order.