cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilingual Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My requirement is as, that depending on the Logon Language, the langauge field which is a look up, should be assigned the logon language.

For Eg, if my logon language is english then, language should be assigned english,

if my logon langauge is Italian, then language should be assigned Italian.

The repository is made multilingual.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek Biwal,

from my understanding of your problem you simply need to use the "language" expression in the expression editor. You find it in the very right menu on the bottom (more or less). This will create a If..then..else structure predefined for all the languages you have in your repository. Now, for every language you have to replace the placeholder with a lookup value that you select from the lookup manu item on top, e.g.:

If(language=English [US],English [US],
if(language=French [FR],French [FR],
)))

I hope that helps.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christan,

My Assignment expression is,

If( Language = English [US] then

Language[English]

else if(Language = Italian[IT] then

Language[Italian]

else

Langauge[English]

))

this gives a erronous result, that whether, i logon in english or italian, by default it assign English,

I want it to assign the logon langauge.

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

this is the approach as described in Data Manager reference guide p.258. You need to make sure that every single element of the expression is entered via the drop-down menus on top. Otherwise it automatically jumps to the ELSE condition. Unfortunately, I am not able to test right now, but if it doesn't work, it may be a bug.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have used all the values from Look Table only, and i have also uesd a condition to check if the value for Language is null, then only check the logon language and assign logon language to the language field.

If possible kindly test, it on your side.

kind off stuck with this.

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

just got around to make a brief check. It didn't work with me either on a lookup field containing the language values.

However, if I fill a text field based on the log-on language, it works. Also, if I fill a lookup field with only one particular value, it works.

Looks like a bug?

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Christian

It looks like a bug??

probably will raise an OSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek Biwal

Set your LUT as multilanguage

Enter translations for your LUT values

Run Data manager by different languages, open your LUT

Take pleasure

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kanstantsin Chernichenka,

My Lookup table is multilingual, and it has values in the required language, ie, English & Italian.

still no luck with my assignment expression.

Also tried opening the data manager in both the languaues, but i still get an error, assignment failed.