cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing LAC on SRM 7.0 EhP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an SRM 7.01 (SRM Server 7.01) installed in our environment. It was installed as an ABAP system.

We've discovered that now we will need LAC. I have some questions regarding the deployment of LAC which are as follows:

1. Does LAC on SRM 7.01 require SAP J2EE engine to run? According to SAP Help (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm701/helpdata/en/4b/7566683bf75a18e10000000a421937/frameset.htm)

The Live Auction Cockpit is available in both Java and ABAP. The following deployment options are available:

• Live Auction Cockpit on Java Web Server

• Live Auction Cockpit on ABAP Web Server

• Live Auction Cockpit on Java Web Server in supplier self-services

• Live Auction Cockpit on ABAP Web Server in supplier self-services

So that means it is not mandatory to deploy LAC on J2EE server. Can anybody please confirm the same?

2. If it does, then can we deploy the BP SRM 7.01 and LAC on our existing EP 7.0? (SRM ABAP component is on 7.02)

3. The installation guide says that the J2EE eninge used for LAC should have its UME pointing to the SRM ABAP system. Can't we deploy LAC component on a Portal with its own UME database?

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

HI Abhi,

Can you please help me installing LAC on ABAP . Am not finding any documents which will help me out.

Please share the document to my id cshreedhar@gmail.com.

Thanks

sri

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Masa has replied about Java/ABAP servers.

1&3 : LAC on Abap server do not need Java server (and hence UME config). If you use Java server, you will need UME config (even if you use Portal).

Recommend to use ABAP server. Remember that you still have applets in Java which only require client side JRE.

2 : Pl check Master Guide. I think it works on EP 70.

Best regards,

Ramki

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have a choice J2EE Java or ABAP.

LAC runs on any J2EE server.

LAC runs on ABAP VMC from SRM 7.0 EhP1. (new deployment option)

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

As you said LAC can run on ABAP VMC as well, can you please refer to me any documentation or link on how to configure this?

The SRM 7.01 ABAP installation guide does not say anything about this configuration. Only the SRM Java installation guide talks about the LAC configuration.

Thanks again!

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

No installation is required for LAC ABAP. Please activate the Business Function and customizing switch in EhP1.

Configuration documents are available in SAP Solution Manager. Downloaded offline documents are also available in SAP Service Marketplace. http://service.sap.com/srm-inst

Regards,

Masa