Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in Structural Authorizations BW 7

or_ish-shalom2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have upgraded my BW system from 3.5 to 7.01

now i have an issue with the structural authorizations

i have struc. auth. on 0ORGUNIT

and evrey employee in 0EMPLOYEE has an attribute of 0ORGUNIT.

before in 3.5 if the attribute was empty every user in the BW could see the employee

now in 7 if the attribute empty no user can see it.

eve due it is an odd question, does any one knowes how to go back to the old way?

Thanks!!!

Or

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you reviewing this data in RSECADMIN?

0 Kudos

hi,

first thanks for your answer.

i know this because of running reports with diffrent user authorizations and performing traces in ST01.

when a user has a limit to an org. unit he sees the employees of the unit and everything below

and in 3.5 he could see it plus employees with an empty org. unit

when a user has * he sees everything ofcourse.

BR,

Or.

0 Kudos

I am bit confused between BW/BI/HR...

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

See question #10 in

You will also need to provide more infos, but: if you have migrated to the new AA concept or 7.10 which no longer enables the old "reporting authorizations" then there is no turning back...

Cheers,

Julius

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After long days....

First you need to adopt Analysis Authorization to provide query access irrespective of the users positional identity. Now when you transfer your HR org. structure from OLTP to OLAP then take help of those reknowned BI contents (0HR_PA* .. can't exactly recall them). I feel it would be easier for you to do some redisgn to make them available in BI rather than sticking to the old Org structure. Hope your erp has also got the latest version (but this is insignificant as HR security didn't change from 4.6 version from Org. structure point of view).

Let us know in details of the steps which is giving you the pain. As much as i can remember we already had similar discussion earlier. Can you please give a try by searching in this forum?

regards,

Dipanjan

Edited by: Dipanjan Sanpui on Feb 11, 2011 4:57 PM