cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Portfolio & Project Mangement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to SAP Portfolio & Project Mangement(SAP-PPM). As i gone through some document in the net i came to know that SAP PPM is based on Enterprises portal. Can any one tell me the basic idea of the SAP Portfolio & Project Mangement.

As per by knowledge we want to integrate the Enterprisee portal (SAP-PPM) with ERP in order to have integration with the SAP PPM & SAP PS modules. Kindly correct me if i am wrong.

Kindly please help me with your valuable information.

Thanks & Regards

Raman T S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0 requires NW 7.02 (ABAP). Therefore, regarding ERP, as only EhP5 of ERP 6.0 is released for installation on NW 7.02, this EhP is mandatory in case you want to install PPM 5.0 and ERP on the same server. But you can also integrate with lower EhPs of ERP when installing in on a different server as PPM 5.0. (For PPM 5.0, only NW 7.02 is a mandatory prerequiste, ERP and CRM are optional).

For integration with PS / ERP / FIN/CO, please see the Configuration Content: Information about customizing and configuration is available as PDF attachment to SAP Note 1411953 or as Solution Manager Content.

Kind regards,

Florian

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding an upgrade to 5.0, please have a look at:

Master Upgrade Guide:

http://service.sap.com/plm-inst

-> using SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0

Concerning custom developments, there is no general answer. It highly depends on the details

and the amount of custom developments.

Kind regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thank yo for ur replay. As i gone through the FAQs in the SAP Note they mentioned that SAP PPM 5.0 is applicable to ECC 6.0 EHP 5. Is it compulsory we want this version of the SAP to instal SAP PPM.

What is the connection parameter used to connect SAP PPM & ERP System for the flow of the data..

Thanks & Regards

Raman T S

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

with 5.0, you have the following options:

- Using SAP Enterprise Portal

- Using NWBC for HTML, i.e. you only need a browser (e.g.IE) nothing else (and also no ITS, at least not for PPM itself)

- Using NWBC for Desktop (as a local client on your PC instead of a browser like IE)

All three alternatives are equal regarding functionality, except portal functionality like KM documents,

Virtual Rooms (cRooms), etc. (which is only available when using a portal).

By the way: 5.0 requires NW 7.02 (ABAP). The "Portfolio Management" part of 5.0 (formerly known

as "SAP RPM") requires a separate license (see FAQ note for details).

Kind regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Florian

Incase we go for an upgrade from 4.5 to 5.0, what are the key points/approach?

We have custom developments in ABAP and ABAP Webdynpro. Nothing on JAVA.

Is it just a technical upgrade and how to go about it? Especially - Architecture wise and for custom Developments.

Thanks

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Portfolio and Project Mangement is included in an own AddOn software component CPRXRPM 450_700 / 500_702. You can install it either on NW or ERP or CRM. You have to install this AddOn to use SAP Portfolio and Project Mangement. For usage in SAP Enterprise Portal, you also have to install the corresponding Business Package. You can find all this information also in the FAQ notes I have provided.

For integration with PS / ERP / FIN/CO, please see the Configuration Content: Information about customizing and configuration is available as PDF attachment to SAP Note 1411953 or as Solution Manager Content.

Kind regards,

Florian

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the newest version is "SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0".

It is the successor of "cProjects 4.5" and "SAP RPM 4.5".

For SAP RPM 4.5, usage of SAP Enterprise Portal is mandatory.

For cProjects 4.5, usage of SAP Enterprise Portal is optional.

For SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0, usage of SAP Enterprise Portal is optional.

The best starting point for information is

SAP Note 1377104 - FAQs - SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0

SAP Note 1088160 - cProjects 4.5 FAQ

SAP Note 1092534 - xRPM 4.5: FAQs

These FAQ notes also list a lot of references to further information.

Kind regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thank you for ur replay...

I have one query how to implement the SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0. Is there is any prerequieties to be there.

You are telling that for cProjects 4.5, usage of SAP Enterprise Portal & SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0, usage of SAP Enterprise Portal is optional. if that is the case we can see in ERP system or what..

How to integrate with the SAP PS

Thanks & regards

Raman T S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Florian

You mentioned that EP is optional for 5.0

I am assuming that it is available on ITS. Are the RPM features and functions as flexible as its use on Portal.

Would the user feel like something is missing using something other than Portal?

Thanks in advance.