cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating SAP with Sharepoint 2010

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need some information regarding integrating SAP R/3 with Sharepoint 2010. I am aware of BCS solutions to connect SAP BSP/WebDynpro/Portal enabled processes to Sharepoint. However, I would like to whether we can call an SAP Transaction directly from Sharepoint without developing BSP pages or WebDynpro?

Can we achieve something on Sharepoint 2010 like ITS does on SAP Portal? If yes, how to do that?

Thanks,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

with Duet Enterprise you can bring RFC or WebServices that are available in your backend system into SharePoint 2010. So if your transaction consits of several RFCs that are called in the background -- you can do that. Depending on the transaction you might also have to develop the value help functionalities and stuff like that.

You can checkout the videos on the [Duet Enterprise Summit|http://www.duetenterprisesummit.com] site where some customers talk about what they have developed during the ramp-up..

However, if you want to bring ITS / SharePoint Web-SAP-GUI functionality into SharePoint this will be pretty complicated...

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Bruchelt,

Thanks a lot for the response.

Using an RFC or WebService means we can only pass the data to Sharepoint and we can use the SAP provided User Interface. That means we need to develop the interface in Sharepoint.

This is exactly the reason I started looking for alternative to ITS to link with Sharepoint. It leaves me with the following options:

1. Either use WebDynpro or BSP Applications which also needs a customized user interface.

2. Link SAP provided Portal application with Sharepoint to use ITS on the latter, which I am not comfortable with.

Once again many thanks for your response and would be great if you can provide me any further inputs that you can think of.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

DuetE consumption is through RFCs and BAPIs.

If I understand you correctly you are trying to find a way to integrate SAP transaction(s) directly with SharePoint UI. Winshuttle has a product suite called Central/Server ([http://www.winshuttle.com/Products/Winshuttle-Server]) which enables exactly that. There product exposes any SAP transaction as a WCF service which can be consumes from BCS or any other client which understands WCF services.

You can get creative and design a composite solution which uses both DuetE and Winshuttle to integrate with both RFCs/BAPIs and SAP transactions.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Microsoft SAP adapter (included in BizTalk) also exposes RFCs, BAPIs... via WCF services. That adapter can be used outside BizTalk i.e. you don't have to deploy BizTalk.  And then, SharePoint can provide the UI for the transactions.