Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

t-code FAGLB03 checking cost centre RCNTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While running t-code FAGLB03 we are facing error of cost centre RCNTR even though this cost centre value is no where entered in any selection screen of this t-code. I am trying to check the program if it has hard coded checks for this cost centre but its not getting displayed in se38.

Regards

Rasheed

Edited by: Rasheed Ahmad on Feb 9, 2011 7:41 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is likely that you are trying to display a FI doc that is associated with a CO doc that belongs to either: the RCNTR cost centre or a cost centre within that hierarchy or group. The combination of FI & CO is what the New G/L is all about.

10 REPLIES 10

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In initial screen you are giving cost center does not mean it should not check that authorization. May be the data you are trying to pull is realated to cost center. Try to trace out the object (Most of the time K_CCA/K_REPO_CCA). And see whether that cost center in question is present or not

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is likely that you are trying to display a FI doc that is associated with a CO doc that belongs to either: the RCNTR cost centre or a cost centre within that hierarchy or group. The combination of FI & CO is what the New G/L is all about.

0 Kudos

RCNTR is not a valid cost centre in the system.

The cost centre that we enter in the field is checked later but first RCNTR gets checked and the check fails there itself. In the trace we get RC=4 for K_REPO_CCA and cost centre = RCNTR.

I have tried to debug the program but not able to find out how RCNTR value gets assigned to KOSTL variable before the first authority check, it should be the value that I have entered in the selection screen of the t-code.

The program code is:

WHEN 'RCNTR'

DATA ld_KOSTL TYPE csks-kostl

ld_kostl=ls_selections-fieldname

LOOP AT lt_KOKRS into ld_KOKRS

LOOP at lt_saknr INTO ld_saknr

CALL EXCEPTION 'K_REPO_CCA_AUTHORITY_CHECK'

EXPORTING

actvt=id_acvtv

kokrs=ld_kokrs

kostl=ld_kostl

kstar=ld_saknr

EXCEPTIONS

system_error=1

user_not_authorized=2

OTHERS=3

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check whether the table CSKS is contiaining any misleading data?

regards,

Dipanjan

0 Kudos

Do you know include where that code is located? Isn't it some kind of user exit?

Cheers

0 Kudos

I wonder how you enter cost center in the initial screen of txn FAGLB03...

Rgeradrs.

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Dipanjan,

Table CSKS shows no table enteries found for cost centre RCNTR

The name of the program is FAGL_ACCOUNT_BALANCES. I want to know if this is something standard in this program or is it maintained locally.

Arpan,

Cost centre is entered using the free selections button on initial screen of FAGLB03

0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked that code and it is really weird. Actually, you can see in code which you pasted. If there is any restriction on selection field RCNTR then the program checks if user has authorization for the cost center. What is weird is that it takes the name of the field and pass it as cost center. It looks like a bug to me because it should get cost centers using restrictions from selection screen and then check if user has authorization for each cost center. That's how it is implemented for other selection fields like RACCT. I would try to find a note and if there is nothing then ask SAP.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked that code and it is really weird. Actually, you can see in code which you pasted. If there is any restriction on selection field RCNTR then the program checks if user has authorization for the cost center. What is weird is that it takes the name of the field and pass it as cost center. It looks like a bug to me because it should get cost centers using restrictions from selection screen and then check if user has authorization for each cost center. That's how it is implemented for other selection fields like RACCT. I would try to find a note and if there is nothing then ask SAP.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Yeps, certainly looks like a bug, but probably an obsolete one as K_REPO_CCA is "replaced" by K_CCA and this switch is activated by granting FULL authority for KOSTL, which means you never notice this program error.

Anyway, as RCNTR is meaningless, I guess you could grant it without any risk?

Cheers,

Julius