cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help regarding configuring this scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI frnds,

I have a scenario(File-Idoc) where in i have 7 files with diff strucutures and one idoc.each file should be mapped independently to idoc.

Design part is fine.

But in the config part the names of the file is not known so i have to assume *.xml for each of them.we have only one folder where in all the 7 channels will be polling the same folder

how to configure this scenario where the file name is not known but i have to send the file to particular recvr determination where it can be processed?

Edited by: King_kiran on Feb 9, 2011 4:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you work with PI 7.1? Do you have XML files with different root tag names?

Then you can create a sender interface with several operations, the message types refer to the root tag names.

Each operation can be mapped indivually, but all files are processed by same channel.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is possible (conditions: PI 7.1, different root elements) you should go for that solution

Regards,

Udo

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hei,

you can do a dirty trick:

You send them by one adapter, so the file names doent matter.

You will have 7 different inbound interfaces, all of them have the IDoc as Message Type.

So you are able to use X-Path conditions in the Interface Determination and you can call the right mapping.

Unfortunately you have now the wrong inbound interfaces, therefore you are sending all of them to one PI http receiver adapter.

Inside that receiver adpater you configure the http sender adapter (host:port/sap/xi/adapter_plain?service=....)

Create one outbound IF (as well with msg type of IDoc) for that, no mapping, the inbound if is your idoc.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

But Udo i hope we cant give same File adapter in different Sender Agreements rite?

Edited by: prabhas465 on Feb 9, 2011 1:05 PM

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you got to have different file names to achieve this.

One thing that you can try is that you can create a single source structure which contains all the fields of 7 source structure.

At target side you can have 7 messages of Idoc and mapped required source field to corresponding target IDoc field.

So you will need only one file channel that polls the file folder with file name as *.xml

Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For my incoming files all the header and fields vary. maintaining a single strcuture is not feasible.

any command line scripts???

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

you got to have different file names then. I doubt if there are any command line script for this.

However you can check following links.

a. /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/02/08/xipi-command-line-sample-functions

b. /people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi

c. /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

d. /people/santhosh.kumarv/blog/2008/07/27/glimpse-at-os-command-yet-another-scenario

e https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sap%2bxi%2bfile%2badapter%2bos%2bcommand%2blin...

See if this helps.