cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple PO's for one sales order - Can this be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

My company is relatively new to SAP and we're still feeling our way around. I was searching through the questions and was wondering if I can accept multiple PO's from one sales quotation and how I would go about doing that.

We didn't buy any training packages so I am literally just trying to figure out on my own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible to have multiple PO's for ONE Sales Order.

In the order, based on the TAS item category a Pur Req is created @ the line item level , which then can be processed further and PO generated. You can have any number of line items in the sales orders.

I have one query. You mentioned "Sales Quotation" . So do you mean to say you want to process multiple sales orders for a single Sales Quotation? Yes it is possible to have multiple sales orders for a single sales quotation till the quotation is fully honored.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai -

Thank you. Yes I would like to know how I can put multiple PO's against a quotation.

My example: Today a customer sent us 2 PO's that were under the same quotation. As I mentioned, my company is relatively new to SAP and I need some assistance to get that done.

Can you lay out the steps. I probably did this wrong but here is what I did.

I pulled in the quotation and created my sales order from the quote. Since the quote pulled in the full amount, I went and added a new line item, adjusted the pricing conditions to cover each PO and that seemed to work but I won't know until later since our system only updates once a day.

There must be an easier way to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In sales order of SAP, the PO filed is free for entry. So, you can enter the PO number(s) in it and start entering the sales order in VA01 manually. If you are receiving the PO electronically, then this may not be possible as PO number is at the header level and can accept only one value.

From porcess ponit of view, this is possible only if your customer agrees to get one sales order and one invoice against multiple POs that he sends in. It may become very difficult for him to track (and for you to track as well when there is an enquiry for on a particular PO number). So it is always adviced to create one sales order on every PO received.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mukund S